For Whom The Wedding Bells Toll, Part 1
Jason Whittaker has arrived back in Odyssey and Connie has big news for him...someone he knows is getting married! But is it Jack Allen and Joanne? Eugene and Katrina? Or Whit and Margaret Faye? No one knows!
Jason Whittaker has just returned from a summer away from Odyssey. Connie Kendall, who has picked him up from the airport, tries to explain all the romantic happenings while he was gone, which will culminate in a wedding the day after tomorrow. Connie won't tell him who is getting married, but sets out to tell him the stories of three couples: Jack Allen and Joanne Woodston, Eugene Meltsner and Katrina Shanks, and Whit and Margaret Faye.
Her story begins with Tom Riley coming into Whit's End to introduce Margaret Faye, a local businesswoman who is thinking about running for mayor, to Whit. Margaret asks Whit out to dinner and they spend the entire time disagreeing on money, politics, religion, and everything else they talk about. Despite their differences, Margaret asks Whit to accompany her to an art exhibit and they begin to spend time together, going out with each other two to three times a week the whole summer, raising speculation about their relationship. Whit respects her and enjoys her company, but is surprised when Margaret proposes marriage to him.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Why was Connie so excited about knowing something that Jason didn't know?
- Why did Whit feel that Margaret's version of Christianity was so "different?"
Heard in episode
|Bernard Walton||Dave Madden|
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Jack Allen||Alan Young|
|Jason Whittaker||Townsend Coleman|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Margaret Faye||Alexandra Kenworthy|
|Thaddeus Gumley||Kenneth Blake|
|Tom Riley||Walker Edmiston|
- This was the first episode to air after the Odyssey team's first hiatus.
- In an introduction to the Unofficial Adventures in Odyssey Podcast episode number 29, Nathan Hoobler can be heard saying "Oh, come on, everyone's gonna get that reference to what happened in episode 372..."
- This episode introduces Margaret Faye.
- In this episode, Jack makes a comment about his friends stealing his girlfriends away when he was young. He then adds, "How do you think Whit met Jenny?" The story behind this line was later addressed in #464: “The Triangle, Part 1”.
- Bernard says the manager of Antique Emporium is Mr. Peterson. But when they meet the man in Part 2, his named is Mr. Gumley.
QuotesConnie Kendall: Hey, did ya have a good trip? We got your postcard from Germany, and Belgium and London and Paris and Rome and..
Jason Whittaker: Oh, I had a great summer. Just what I needed to satisfy my traveling bug.
Connie Kendall: I should hope so. Europe, Russia, China.
Jason Whittaker: You gotta do it sometime Connie. You gotta tour the world.
Connie Kendall: Right, well you buy and I'll fly.
Jack Allen: Did you know Maxwell's Flower shop is for sale?
Bernard Walton: Now Jack, how do you get from Bobby's chocolate hand prints to Maxwell's Flower Shop?
Connie Kendall: Turn left on 8th street?
Jack Allen: Owning my own shop is something I've wanted to do for a long time. But not any shop. It has to be the right kind, something I can sink my teeth into.
Connie Kendall: Hey Biffy's Burger Joint's up for sale. You could really "sink your teeth" into that!
Bernard Walton: Only if you wanted food poisoning.
Jason Whittaker: Watch out for the stop sign.
Connie Kendall: What? OH!
Jason Whittaker: Uuuhh, nice stop.