Blind Girl's Bluff
Aubrey Shepard is writing an account in her journal yet again. This time she talks about how she feels she had no friends until she met Lisa Mulligan at the mall. Liz Horton and Sarah Prachett are at the mall when Sarah announces that they have found a winner in the Miss Dressed-for-No-Success Pageant, Aubrey herself. As they make fun of Aubrey and Lisa, Lisa impresses them by showing how much she knows even though she is blind. A friendship starts between Lisa and Aubrey, and though their friendship was meant to be, it goes terribly wrong after they meet Bart Rathbone at the Electric Palace.
Bart talks them into buying a two-way radio transmitter like what is used in spy movies. Lisa is unsure about the use of transmitter, but Aubrey devises a plan to play tricks on people with the new toy. They meet several girls and use the transmitter for Aubrey to tell Lisa what the girls are wearing and she would relay the information to the girls under the guise of mental telepathy. Liz thinks it is pretty cool (in a freaky kind of way), and tells them they should take their show on the road. As Aubrey enjoys the popularity, Lisa becomes uncomfortable, because she knows they are lying, and so she tells Aubrey she won't do it any more. Lisa asks for the equipment so she can return it and get their money back, but in the meantime, it is discovered in her backpack at school. Lisa is accused of using it to cheat on her tests.
The teacher, Mr. Crane, is not sure what to believe, but takes her to the principle's office. Lisa then calls Aubrey to scold her, and explains she had to tell the whole story to the principal. Saddened, Aubrey runs into Tom Riley a few days later, and reveals her dejection because she lost her friend. She explains she had started the whole scheme to get revenge on Liz and Sarah, but later it was a way of having fun with a friend. She worries that she has lost her friend, but Tom predicts that later on their friendship will be repaired eventually. Aubrey wisely decides that when they do become friends again, she won't need a gimmick to keep it going, because true friends can stand on their own.
- Was it right for Liz and Sarah to expose Lisa and Aubrey's "plot?"
- Were their reasons for wanting to do it right?
- Why didn't Lisa and Aubrey's friendship work out?
- Why is it so important to form a friendship based on the truth?
- Do you think Lisa and Aubrey will every be able to be friends again?
|Aubrey Shepard||Camilla Belle|
|Bart Rathbone||Walker Edmiston|
|Lisa Mulligan||Nicole Myers|
|Liz Horton||Lauren Schaffel|
|Sarah Prachett||Scarlett Pomers|
|Tom Riley||Walker Edmiston|
- VERSION DIFFERENCE: In the broadcast version of this episode, The Shorty And You Think You've Got Problems?: The Unjust Judge is heard after Chris' wrap up.
- While at the Electric Palace, Aubrey and Lisa look at a CD of the "Backward Boys", and describe them as "cute". This, of course, is a reference to the Backstreet Boys, and has some fun with their name.
- When Lisa mentions Jared, Aubrey asks who he is but in The Treasure Room Aubrey has a lock-picking kit that she says was given to her by Jared before he moved.
- In this episode Lisa goes to the same school as everyone else in Odyssey, in a later episode Mike Mulligan tells Whit that his kids go to school in Odenton.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».