When One Door Closes, Part 2
“When One Door Closes, Part 2,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #792 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Dave Arnold, and was originally released on April 1, 2016.
Whit and Eugene face persecution when they take the Imagination Station to a Christian church in the Middle East.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Who's chasing Whit and Eugene? And why would our friends take the Imagination Station halfway around the world, then refuse to let the children use it? Don't miss an intense journey to the Middle East inspired by true events. Amid the danger, you'll meet brave people living for Jesus.
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Ali Farah||Jim Cummings|
|Imam Abdullah||Tony Amendola|
- Revenue from the Adventures in Odyssey Club was used to give 1,000 Bibles to new believers in the Middle East.
- This episode takes place away from Odyssey: Episodes That Take Place Away from Odyssey
- As you reflect on Whit and Eugene's journey to Aljanistan, what part of their story was most memorable? Why?
- Adam explained that one way God does the unexpected is by using our mistakes for His purposes. That was probably a comfort to Eugene. Were you encouraged to hear that? When have you seen God redeem a mistake in your life?
- How do most people respond to persecution? (Fear, anger, hatred, revenge, etc.) Read Matthew 5:43-45. Why do you think God wants us to pray for those who persecute us?
- While religious persecution is often personal, it can also include global terrorism, such as attacks by radical Muslims on people who believe differently than they do. How have those headlines made you feel?
- In your own words, describe Grace's experience in the Imagination Station and what she learned from it. How do Ecclesiastes 7:20, Romans 2:1-4, Matthew 7:1-4 and Romans 3:21-24 apply?
- Grace wrestled with what it means to have faith. What did you think of Sara's explanation? If someone asked you what it means to have faith, what would you tell them?
- A stressful situation caused Sara to question whether the Lord was really looking out for her family (Philippians 4:6-7 and Hebrews 13:5-6 might have encouraged her). Have emotions ever led you to doubt God? Why is it important to trust what God says is true, even when it may not feel true?
- What do you think of Adam's statement, "More Muslims have come to Christ in the past 15 years than in the previous 1,400?" How does it feel to know that the Odyssey Adventure Club is giving Open Doors a gift to purchase 1,000 Bibles for these new believers?
- Have you been praying for something specific, waiting for God to open a door? What is it? As a family, take your requests to the Lord, trusting Whit's conclusion that God's timing is perfect.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».