When One Door Closes, Part 1
“When One Door Closes, Part 1,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #791 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Dave Arnold, and was originally released on March 1, 2016.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Who's chasing Whit and Eugene? And why would our friends take the Imagination Station halfway around the world, then refuse to let the children use it? Don't miss an intense journey to the Middle East inspired by true events. Amid the danger, you'll meet brave people living for Jesus.
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
- Revenue from the Adventures in Odyssey Club was used to give 1,000 Bibles to new believers in the Middle East.
- This episode takes place away from Odyssey: Episodes That Take Place Away from Odyssey
- What comes to mind when you think of religious persecution?
- Based on what you heard in Adventure 27, how is persecution in other parts of the world similar to or different from the types of persecution kids face where you live?
- How did you feel when Sayeed told the Muslim boy he couldn't try the Imagination Station? What do you think about the reason he gave for turning Rasheed away?
- Young Daniel, upset about the harassment of Christians in Aljanistan, wondered, "Why doesn't God punish them?" If Daniel asked you that question, what would you tell him?
- Whit told Grace that even in America people are losing their freedoms. Where have you seen evidence of this?
- Take turns reading through Ephesians 6:10-20. Then address Adam's concern that young Christians in Aljanistan need better discipleship so they can stand up to persecution. Referring to Paul's spiritual armor, in which areas are you taking steps to stand strong?
- Discuss Sayeed's poignant request for a different kind of prayer: "We don't need you to pray for us. We need you to pray with us. If you pray for us, you will pray that the church will be safe. You'll pray for persecution to end. We do not pray for these things. We pray that people will bow to Christ, that we will be bold and clear in sharing our faith, even if it costs us our lives." Together, take a moment to pray with brothers and sisters like Sayeed all around the world.
- At the start of this adventure we heard Jesus' words from various Scriptures. Listen to the first 1:05 again as a family. See if you can hunt down those six verses from the Gospels of Luke and John. Why do you think writer/director Dave Arnold chose those quotes to begin this episode?
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».