This is Chad Pearson?
At the Electric Palace one afternoon, Bart Rathbone notices Kim Peterson and Erica Clark glued to the row of televisions. They are watching a show starring the character Chad Pearson. Bart notices how devoted the girls are to this TV personality, and he recognizes a potential money-making opportunity. He sponsors a contest. The winner gets to spend a day with the actor Nick Grant, who plays Chad Pearson!
The young girls of the town are ecstatic at the prospect, especially Erica. But she is terribly disappointed when the winner of the contest turns out to be...Connie Kendall! As it turns out, Connie couldn’t be less interested in the whole situation. Nick ends up to be a nice guy who isn’t at all like his television character, but who is lonely. And Connie ends up making a new friend.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Was it wrong for Kim and Erica to be so devoted to a TV star?
- Why or why not?
- Why was Connie so uninterested in Nick (Chad) at first?
- What made her change her mind?
- Who are your heroes?
- Who should your main hero be?
Heard in episode
|Bart Rathbone||Walker Edmiston|
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Dale Jacobs||Phil Lollar|
|Erica Clark||Erin Love|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Kim Peterson||Laura Assaf|
|Nick Grant||Leland Bruno|
|Television character||Corey Burton|
- Nick Grant's real name (Albert Leech) is likely a tribute to Cary Grant's real name: Archibald Leach.
- This is Erica Clark's first episode.
- Chad Pearson was first mentioned in #217: “Rights, Wrongs and Reasons”, in which a girl named Heather skips church so she can watch an interview with him on TV. Erin Love, who played Heather in that episode, plays Erica Clark in this episode.
- Nick called Connie "Katie," and the actor who plays Connie is Katie Leigh.
- Connie mentions that she used to have a crush on "that singer Rick Springload"; a likely allusion to either Rick Springfield or Bruce Springsteen.
- The Electric Palace also sponsored contests in #256: “Aloha, Oy!, Part 1” and #558: “A Glass Darkly”.
Nick Grant: Thank you, thanks, Burt, thanks, everybody. I'd like to thank everybody who sponsored this event and made it such a fun thing for me. I'm very excited about my day with Katie Kennell!
Bart Rathbone: That's "Bart" and "Connie Kendall."
Nick Grant: Oh, right. Hi, Connie...and don't forget to shop at the Electric Place!
Bart Rathbone: "Palace."
Connie Kendall: Well, I'll be right back. I need to go to the restroom and wash up a bit. No cameras, please.