The Cure, Part 1
“The Cure, Part 1,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #766 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Dave Arnold, and was originally released on February 1, 2015.
Wooton's visit home leads to surprise encounters and a chance to carry the Gospel into remote Alaskan villages during the Iditarod.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Heard in episode
|Wooton Bassett||Jess Harnell|
|Vaguely Familiar Girl||Unknown|
|Marty McFlynn||Matt Hurwitz|
|Logan Scott||Joey Sabo|
|Will Bakaran||Kiff VandenHeuvel|
|Mr. King||Jim Mhoon|
|Louis Scott||Keith Silverstein|
|Jeff Lewis||Gary Reed|
Mentioned in episode
|Penny Wise||Wooton Bassett|
|Winston Bassett||Wooton Bassett|
|Amy Scott||Will Bakaran|
- Marty McFlynn's name (which he requests that no smart remarks be made about) is probably a reference to Back to the Future character Marty McFly.
- Wooton references singer Bing Crosby.
- Wooton says he plans to pin a mural of Bullwinkle on the lodge wall.
- This episode takes place away from Odyssey: See article: Episodes That Take Place Away from Odyssey
- This episode's charity is Carry the Cure.
- This episode is based on actual events.
- $5,000 in revenue from the Adventures in Odyssey Club was given to Carry the Cure to purchase New PA speakers, a 16-channel digital mixer and a loudspeaker system for school assemblies along Alaska’s Iditarod Trail.
- There’s an old saying that “absence makes the heart grow fonder.” What do you think that means? How might a little distance be healthy for Penny and Wooton’s relationship?
- Were you surprised to find out that Wooton was bullied in school? Why or why not?
- Have you ever had to deal with a situation like that? If so, what did you do?
- Wooton mentioned that he learned a lot by praying for Will when being abused by him in middle school. Together, read Matthew 5:43-48 and talk about what Jesus said.
- Share a time in your life when someone said or did something that hurt you deeply. Has it been easy or hard to forgive that person? Read Colossians 3:13. How can we, with God’s help, take steps to improve a strained relationship?
- Revisiting favorite places after a long time away can be difficult. Things change. When have you, like Wooton, been sad to learn that something is no longer the way it used to be? Is there anything about the place you live now that you hope never changes?
- Speaking of change, people like Will are living proof of the change Paul describes in 2 Corinthians 5:17. What do you remember about the salvation story Will shared with Wooton? If a friend were to ask how you came to know the Creator, what would your story sound like?
- So far, what's your opinion of champion musher Louis Scott? How could he be a better father to his son, Logan?
- Do you like to fly? What’s the most interesting thing you’ve ever seen out an airplane window?
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».