The Great Wishy Woz, Part 2
KIDS Radio presents a familiar story with a new twist. After being thrown into a new land by a tornado, Dotty and her dog Nono try their best to get back home and meet many new friends along the way, including Manny Kin (played by Tom Riley), Metal Guy (played by Bernard Walton), and Mystic Mountain Lion (played by Jack Allen). They follow the "Big Fat Road"; from Little Land to the Really, Really Green and Environmentally Correct City. There the Great Wishy Woz sends them on a quest to four items. They face dangers from the Wicked and Mean and Generally Not Very Nice Woman, rusty hinges, and even burnt fur! Will they make it back to the Wishy Woz and get their wishes granted?
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- What was Manny Kin looking for on his quest?
- How about Metal Guy?
- And Mystic Mountain Lion?
- The Fairy Oddmother told Dotty that she should follow the Big Fat Road. Was that good advice?
- Why do you think that she didn't want Dotty talking to the fisherman?
- The advice that the Great Wishy Woz gave didn't seem to work very well. How would you advise Manny Kin, Metal Guy, and Mystic Mountain Lion to find what they were looking for?
- Who do you think Mr. Iam was?
VERSION DIFFERENCE: [view]
- The broadcast version and original CD release of this episode starts with Whit recapping the story to that point.
- The following cuts had to be made from this episode:
- The Game Show at the Great Shopping Mall was much longer, with various prizes being offered to Metal Guy (including a Mrs. Metal Guy).
- Mystic Mountain Lion accidentally activated his flame thrower when he first got it and said he would need a fur graft.
- The Great Wishy Woz gave the travelers a pop quiz when they returned from their quest ("What is the philosophy of Plato? You shouldn't leave the lid off or it will dry out.").
- Metal Guy attempted to persuade the Wicked and Mean and Generally Not Very Nice Woman to go out to a nice restaurant with him.
- The whole gang sang a celebration song when she was defeated (Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong, The Wicked and Mean and Generally Not Very Nice Woman Is Gone).
- The goodbyes were longer when Dotty entered the Wee Skinny Gate.
- However, a few scenes were able to remain intact for the album version, even though had to be cut from the broadcast version:
- The library scene is longer with a much longer rhyme by Leopold.
- When the Fairy Oddmother shows up again, she says that the travelers would need a map to find a map. They ask where to get a map and she said from The Great Mapmaker.
- The scene where Melvin Nerfwiddle is revealed is longer, with more sneezes and a longer "running away" segment in which his continued sneezing is heard through the locked door.
- When the Wicked and Mean and Generally Not Very Nice Woman shows up, she explains to the travelers that they have been her slaves all along and that everything along the way was hers (The Wishy Woz, the Littles). The four friends try to persuade that they aren't her slaves, but she calls for her guards, who are in fact pigs that fly. When the Wicked Woman is defeated, the pigs even cheer.
- Chris's ending comments are longer.
- This two-part episode is a musical. This part contains these songs:
- This entire two-part episode is a parody of The Wizard of Oz. E.g., Dotty is Dorothy, Nono is Toto, Little Land is Munchkin Land, etc.
- The name Aunt Bea from this episode is a reference to the character of the same name on the The Andy Griffith show, on which the original Whit actor Hal Smith played Otis.
Dotty: Mr. Manny, this is your big chance to get your book.
Manny Kin: Oh yeah.
Leopold: Books? You want books? Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on Mars. All the fungus you could care for plus three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep. Hey!
Game Show Host: Love is loving yourself enough to do the things that make you feel good. And doesn't it feel good to feel good about feeling good? I get kind of... <sniffle> choked up just thinking about it.