The Case of the Missing Train Car
Michelle Terry lives in a halfway house due to a previous lifestyle. She finds that those close to her are placing the blame for something she may or may not have done.
Michelle Terry has a bad reputation. Fortunately, that reputation doesn't matter to people like Tom Riley and Whit. Tom and his wife, Agnes, are sponsoring Michelle on a "parole" from reform school. Whit has given Michelle free run of Whit's End, treating her the same as the other kids. Their good intentions are working - Michelle seems to be responding. She's built a fine miniature-blue-colored-caboose. Warren Summers, however, informs Michelle that to be truly authentic, the caboose should be red. Saying that, he proudly holds up his perfect replica of a Silver Streak engine.
Both Michelle and Warren are pleased with and protective of their work, which is why Warren panics the next day when he goes to Whit's End and discovers his Silver Streak is missing! Officer Harley is there and takes over the investigation. Unfortunately, all fingers seem to point at Michelle. Officer Harley takes them all for a ride out to the Riley farm to question Michelle and finds that she had both the motive and opportunity to steal the caboose. Whit and Tom refuse to believe it, though.
- Should Traci have accused Michelle?
- Why or why not?
- Should Whit and Tom have defended her?
- Why or why not?
- Connie said Michelle was “just no good.” Do you believe that?
- Does God believe someone is no good?
- Explain your answer.
- Read Matthew 18:21-35. Why do you think Jesus wants us to forgive each other so often?
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|David Harley||Will Ryan|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Michelle Terry||Stacy Alcorn|
|Tom Riley||Walker Edmiston|
|Warren Summers||Michael Parisi|
- This episode was later remade as #118: “What Happened to the Silver Streak?”.
- This episode features the first mention of Tom's wife, Agnes.
- Whit's opening during the theme is not in this episode.
- This is one of the first mystery episodes.
- This episode is only available to members of the Adventures in Odyssey Club.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».