Pinocchio: The Tale of a Foolish Puppet, Part 2
Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #772 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Dave Arnold, and was originally released in August 2015.“Pinocchio: The Tale of a Foolish Puppet, Part 2,” an
Geppetto's mischievous marionette experiences more ups and downs during his quest to make wiser choices and become a real boy.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- After turning into a donkey, Pinocchio joined the circus. If you were a circus performer, would you rather be a clown, a trapeze artist, or a lion tamer? Why?
- Why do you think the Blue Sprite wanted Pinocchio to go to school? What do you like most about school and learning new things?
- Candlewick tempted Pinocchio to do what was fun instead of what was right. Is there a Candlewick in your life? What wise steps can you take to avoid temptation? Read 1 Corinthians 10:12-13.
- The boys were drawn to the Land of Leisure because they didn't want to follow rules. Which rule do you wish you didn't have to follow? Why do you think that rule exists? What might happen if people ignored it?
- The Blue Sprite encouraged Pinocchio to "take the plunge" as a step of faith. It was the only way he could be cured of donkey fever. Read 2 Kings 5:1-14 and note similarities between Naaman and Pinocchio. Have you ever been challenged to take a step of faith? What happened?
- Pinocchio apologized to Geppetto for being foolish and disrespectful. Why is it important to admit when we're wrong? How did Pinocchio's actions at the end of this story prove that he was truly sorry?
- American statesman Benjamin Franklin once said, "Never ruin an apology with an excuse." What do you think he meant by that? How do people ruin apologies with excuses today?
- Pinocchio experienced a complete transformation when he became a real boy. Read 2 Corinthians 5:17 together and discuss the change that happens in us when we choose to follow Jesus. (Another spiritual parallel in 2 Corinthians 5 (v.1-5) is how Pinocchio leaves his old body behind to live in a new one, much the way God's children will have new bodies in heaven.)
- If the Blue Sprite offered to grant you any wish, what would you wish for? Why?
- Bernard Walton has a cameo appearance in this episode as the peasant who bought Candlewick the donkey. We hear clips from previous shows from Bernard, like Suspicious Minds and a few others.
- This is Edwin Blackgaard's first appearance since #636: “A Class Reenactment”.
- Captain Tunafish sounds like Sean Connery.
- This episode contains the longest title thus far for an Adventures in Odyssey episode.
- The Odyssey Adventure Club lists this episode as "Pinocchio, Part 2" rather than "Pinocchio: The Tale of a Foolish Puppet, Part 2".
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».