There and Back Again, Part 2a
Jump to navigation Jump to search
“There and Back Again, Part 2a,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #823 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Dave Arnold, and was originally released on November 1, 2017.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- What did you like most about Part 2 of "There and Back Again"? Did anything surprise you?
- How do you feel about the people we met in this double-episode?
- Read Proverbs 14:12 and Judges 21:25 (which ends the book after several chapters describing sin that left Israel in a bad place). Ask, "What would happen in our city or country if no one obeyed rules or laws? How might people get hurt if everyone did what was right in his own eyes?"
- Why is God the most reliable source for deciding what's right and wrong?
- Why do we need rules at home? Who should make them? Discuss rules you either agree or disagree with, and why obeying them is important. [Point out that parents are responsible to God for teaching His standards of right and wrong (Deuteronomy 11:18-21), and that children are called to respect their parents' authority (Ephesians 6:1-3, Proverbs 1:8).)]
- What's wrong with Ethan's statement, "Family should be the people who support your decisions"? Can you think of a situation when it would be dangerous to support a certain type of decision?
- Do you think Whit did the right thing by calling Jay's dad? Why or why not?
- Whit reassured Jason that it's natural to want to make our parents proud. Then he shared a specific occasion when he was proud of his son. Now it's your turn! Remind your child of a moment when you were especially proud of them. Then ask, "Have I ever done something that made you proud of me?"
Heard in episode
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Jason Whittaker||Townsend Coleman|
|Wilson Knox||Gregory Jbara|
|Joelle Billingsley||Larissa Gallagher|
|James Billingsley||Jason Kennett|
|Nick Smouse||Clint Howard|
|Jay Smouse||Whit Hertford|
- This episode marks the 600th appearance of John Whittaker
- This episode is the first appearance of Jay Smouse's father Nick.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».