“Hurricane Perkins,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #914 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Marshal Younger, and was originally released on May 1, 2021.
The Perkins clan upsets another military family by sharing too much about life’s challenges ... and rat milk.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- The ministry for this episode is Cadence International.
1. Wyatt's struggle to know what's true on the Internet reminds us why it's important to set healthy boundaries online. Which family rules or tools help you surf more safely?
2. Ask, "What does the word gullible mean?" Then look up the dictionary definition together and read Proverbs 14:15. How can we trust others while also "giving thought to our steps"?
3. How do you check the accuracy of things you find on the Internet? Are there web sites—or people—that you trust more than others? What makes them reliable?
4. Do you, like Darcy and Angela, find it easy to make friends? Or are you more like Bridget, who has a harder time getting close to people? Talk about that together. Have you ever been reluctant to make a friend because you were afraid of losing that person?
5. Why does the quality of our relationships matter more than the number of people we count as friends? Read Proverbs 18:24. Why does Solomon say that having many friends could lead to trouble?
6. Carla and Bridget were just being honest about their experiences, yet that created anxiety for Shelly and Darcy. What could the Perkins have done differently? Have you ever been a bit too honest with someone you didn't know very well? If so, what happened?
7. Wyatt said, "You're always telling us to stay away from bad influences, but this time we're the bad influences." Read 1 Corinthians 15:33. Name several bad influences in your world it would be wise to stay away from.
8. How about good influences? Who do you respect and admire, and why? Does anyone look up to you and take your words to heart? How can you take steps to have a good influence on those people?
9. Angela told Wyatt that silence is OK between friends. What do you think she meant? How does that apply to your friendships?
10. How did you feel when Shelly and Carla prayed together? What impact might this have on the Perkins family?
Artwork by Gary Locke
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».