Get in the Show! 2017 Contest
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For the 2012 Get in the Show! Contest see Get in the Show! (Contest).
Visit the Official Pageregularly for the latest contest news and information so you will be ready for your chance to Get in the Show!
- Audition submissions accepted from June 1 – 16, 2017.
- Almost 3,000 Submissions came in.
- Online Fan Voting ended July 23rd, 2017
- The "Ultimate Casting Call" tagline was dropped from the final logo.
- Devotional Kit
- Audition Kit (Over 6,600 Downloads as of August 12th, 2017)
- Acting Tips
- Grayson Smith was the grand prize winner!
- The top 100 finalists will each receive Adventures in Odyssey Album 62
- The top 10 finalists will also receive a one-year membership to the Adventures in Odyssey Club.
- The top 3 finalists will also receive a trip to Colorado Springs for the Live Finale
- Grand Prize Winner will also win a Trip for 4 on the FOTF 40th Cruise and a part in the “30th Birthday Live Show”.
- Live Audition August 12, 2017 to select the Winner, Event will also be Webcast.
- Pre-Show Activities start at 8:30am, Finale Event starts at 10:00am, and should end around 12:30pm, VIP Activities until around 2:00pm
- Emcee: comedian Bob Smiley
- Main Street Activities may include Crafts, Balloon Artist, Face Painting, and Photo Booth with Whit & Connie Costume Characters
- Actors in attendance will be Andre Stojka, Katie Leigh and Shona Kennedy
- Paul McCusker, Kathy Buchanan, Rudy Haerr, and Katriona Kennedy also attended.
- Imagination Station Author Marianne Hering will be signing autographs.
- VIP and some other fans were also able to meet Nathan Hoobler, Dave Arnold, Bob Smithouser, & Jesse Florea
- Ticketed Event - not open to the public like in 2012. Walk-ins may be denied access if the event sells out.
- Tickets Purchased July 17-31, 2017 will get a free Episode Download
- The 3 Finalists are Dalyn Stewart, Bethany Rech, and Grayson Smith
- Purchase Tickets Here (Digital HERE )
- There are a variety of ticket options to choose from:
- General Admission: includes pre-show activities and general seating. Individual and Family Passes available.
- VIP Pass: includes pre-show activities, gold circle seating plus the opportunity to have your picture taken with Adventures in Odyssey voice actors and get personalized autographs. Seating is limited. Individual and Family VIP Passes available.
- Digital Pass: available for individuals, small groups and churches. Cost $3.99 https://streaming.whitsend.org AIOClub Members will soon get a discount code to save 25% ($1) they will not run out of digital pass tickets, but purchase soon to avoid any last minute technical issues with purchase.
- Related Contest with Salem Radio stations to win a VIP trip to the Finale Event.
- Voting will probably be via SMS Text Messaging
- VIP Tickets sold out by August 2nd, 2017, there several no-shows.
- VIP Seating was limited to about 100 people.
- Glen Eyrie is listed as a Sponsor
- The Streaming service encountered technical difficulties and many people lost connection. Voting was extended to allow people to re-watch the last 2 contestants and vote. Also everyone that purchased a Digital Pass got an email to re-watch the entire broadcast and a free digital Download of Album #63: Up in the Air (with bonus material)
- VIP got 15% off at the bookstore, but anyone that got a program at the event also got a ticket for 15% off. This was not announced prior to Saturday and many fans visited the bookstore Friday and made purchases.
- [June 26 Promo]
- [June 12 Promo]
- [Audition Submission Promo]
- [June 5 Promo]
- [May 31 Promo]
- [May 22 Promo]
- [May 15 Promo]
- [May 8 Promo]
- [May 1 Promo]
- [April 24 Promo]
- [April 17 Promo]
- [April 12 Promo] (Official Podcast 275)
- [April 10 Promo]
- [March 30 Promo]
- [March 22 Promo] with Shona