“Bridget, Redefined,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #890 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Marshal Younger, and was originally released on May 1, 2020.
When Odyssey rallies behind her military family, Bridget Perkins declares war on sympathy and special favors.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Do mac-and-cheese waffles sound good to you? What culinary concoction does your family enjoy that other people might think is a little odd
- Bridget mocked Zoe for wearing a trendy bracelet. When is it OK to follow a trend, and when might that be a bad idea? How can Galatians 1:10, Proverbs 13:20 and Romans 12:2 help us know the difference?
- What's your favorite way to cheer up a friend who's going through a rough time? How do you like to be cheered up?
- Read Galatians 6:2. When have you wanted to help someone who was hurting or in need, but weren't sure what to say or do? Talk about how you handled that situation and what you learned from it.
- When have you been on the receiving end of someone else's kindness? Even if it didn't solve your problem, how did it still help?
- Was Bridget being unreasonable when she insisted on paying for her own milkshake? Think of a time when you wanted to do something for yourself that another person insisted on doing for you. How did that make you feel? Why is it important to be able to accept kindness from others--for their sake and ours?
- Carla said of Ron's deployment, "It's never easy, but you do gain more tools to help you cope." Is that true of a difficult challenge your family faces daily? What tools has the Lord given you to help you cope? Be encouraged by James 1:2-4.
- When have you, like Bridget, immediately regretted saying something that hurt someone else's feelings? What happened?
- Who got stung by Bridget's hurtful comments? How could she have handled each of those situations better? How did Zoe's reaction to the "sheeple" remark keep things from getting more heated or awkward?
- Read Proverbs 16:24 together and discuss how your words can "bee" a blessing to others.
Heard in episode
Mentioned in episode
|Wooton Bassett||John Whittaker|
|Matthew Parker||Eva Parker|
|Connie Kendall||John Whittaker|
- It had been previously established that Bridget works at Burger Barn. In this episode, she is working at Burger World.
A clip of the recording session
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».