The Drop Box
Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #749 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written by Nathan Hoobler, and was originally released on November 1, 2014.“The Drop Box,” an
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
- This episode is based on a true story.
- Click here to read an article about the amazing true story behind this episode.
- This episode takes place away from Odyssey: Episodes That Take Place Away from Odyssey
- This episode is included in a sampler album
- Whit and Eugene decided to give up their tour of Korea to help Pastor Rhee because they considered the children more important than their tour. How often have you placed others' needs before yourself?
- Do you have friends or classmates who were adopted? If so, what have you learned about adoption from knowing and talking to them?
- How did it feel to hear Pastor Rhee say that hundreds of babies are abandoned on the streets of Seoul every year?
- Discuss reasons a young mother might feel the need to abandon her baby. Then ask, “Which of those challenges is too big for God to help a person overcome?” Read Jeremiah 32:27.
- Each of you take a moment to write down three words to describe Pastor Rhee. When everyone’s finished, share yours and why you chose them.
- Sun Ji-hun argued that Pastor Rhee’s drop box was actually encouraging mothers to surrender their babies. What do you think of that?
- Imagine if your family adopted a child—maybe even one with special needs. In your world, what sorts of blessings or challenges might you expect?
- After working hard to build the drop box, Pastor Lee prayed that it would never be used. Why?
- How do you think God feels about children with disabilities?
- Do you feel like a masterpiece? Read Ephesians 2:10. What good works has the Lord given you to do?
- How can you support a family that has chosen to adopt?
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».