Pink Is Not My Color
Connie finally arrives in Virginia, showing up at Mitch’s door totally unannounced...but why isn’t he pleasantly surprised? Finals at the FBI Academy have Mitch occupied, thus Connie and Joanne spend time with his friend Officer Peter Bourland and family. His wife, Janelle, relates to Connie’s struggle: Peter is swamped with his FBI work as well.
The Bourlands’ athletic daughter Michaela (or "Mike" for short) forms a fast friendship with Connie. After watching a few of Mike’s basketball games, Connie thinks the young girl is playing only to please her father. Connie confronts her, and Mike tells her the truth – Mike feels unwanted by her dad. Connie tells Officer Bourland the situation, he shows Mike how much he loves her, and the family comes together.
Mitch finally makes it to his and Connie’s first dinner date since she arrived. However, he is called to work and, despite his protests, she insists that he go. "I just expect too much out of these moments," Connie says wistfully to herself.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Did Connie really “expect too much” from Mitch?
- Why or why not?
- What did Officer Bourland learn that changed his relationship with Mike?
- Have you ever hidden your feelings rather than tell your parents how you really feel?
- What is the right thing to do?
Heard in episode
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Janelle Bourland||Mimi Monaco|
|Joanne Woodston-Allen||Janet Waldo|
|Michaela Bourland||Tierra Abbott|
|Peter Bourland||Keith Silverstein|
|Robert Mitchell||Steve Burns|
Mentioned in episode
|June Kendall||Connie Kendall|
|Jack Allen||Joanne Woodston-Allen|
- The Novacom saga is mentioned in this episode.
- In this episode Joanne elaborates a bit on the challenges of her long-distance courtship period with Jack, which took place between #367: “The Decision” and #374: “For Whom The Wedding Bells Toll, Part 3”.
- This episode takes place away from Odyssey: Episodes That Take Place Away from Odyssey.