Back to Bethlehem, Part 1
Along the way, they encounter a cranky innkeeper, several smelly shepherds, a crazy but sincere Jewish teacher, a hot-headed but romantic young zealot, a callous but romantic Roman general, and a carpenter and his maiden bride.
While the zealot and the general vie for Connie's affections, the teacher explains the strange star up in the sky to Eugene - and they both bear witness to the glory of the newborn King.
- This plot section is too short. You can help by expanding it.
- Whit said much of what we think about Christmas is pure speculation. Based on what the Bible says, how do you think the first Christmas might have been different than how we picture it?
- Bethlehem wasn't a very nice place for a baby to be born. Why was Jesus born there?
- This was the first Adventures in Odyssey three part episode.
- At one point, Benjamin tells the crowd gathered in front of his inn, "This is my courtyard, not the Colosseum!" However, the Colosseum wasn't built until around AD 70-80, long after Christ left the earth and certainly NOT before His birth! (This goof is repeated in The Star, Part 1, St. Paul: An Appointment with Caesar and Blackgaard's Revenge, Part 2.)
QuotesBenjamin: <to Judah> Enough of that kind of talk, you foolish boy! Go home and tell your mother I said to spank you!
Chris Anthony: But Doc the Christmas spirit isn't something you can manufacture by a machine.
Julius Scnitlzerbonker: Oh yeah smarty pants? Well tell that to all the people who make video games huh?
Connie Kendall: The IQ of a planet and he can't even tie his own sandals.
Eugene Meltsner: I'll ignore that.
John Whittaker: Just push the button when the doors are closed Connie. Both sides are synchronized.
Connie Kendall: I bet you don't know how to change the oil in a car.
Connie Kendall: Or fix a Whittaker special double decker sundae.
Judah: Double decker?
Connie Kendall: See I'm just as smart as you. And I'm getting a little tired of Eugene and all you men talking about me like I'm some sort of work camel.
Hezekiah: Who are you?
Eugene Meltsner: I'm Eu...uh..people call me Eugenius.
Connie Kendall: Oh brother!