B-TV: To Tell the Truth
Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #769 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Phil Lollar, and was originally released on May 1, 2015.“B-TV: To Tell the Truth,” an
What's the truth about "truth"? Our investigation takes us from the Odyssey courthouse, to ancient Jerusalem . . . and beyond.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- The Adventures in Odyssey Club lists this episode as "BTV: To Tell the Truth" rather than "B-TV: To Tell the Truth."
- Which segments from "B-TV: To Tell the Truth" were your favorites?
- How do you decide what's true and what's not? What outside influences can shape what we believe to be true?
- In John 18:38, governor Pontius Pilate asked Jesus, "What is truth?" How would you answer that question in your own words?
- Why is truth so important? What tends to get in the way of truth?
- When do you find it hardest to tell the truth, and why?
- Can you think of another example that, like the elephant in this episode, illustrates how people can draw different conclusions from having only partial truth? What can we learn from that?
- Think of something that is true today, but may not be true tomorrow (ex. "It is raining outside"). Now come up with something that will always be true. What's the difference?
- When might a statement be true for some people, but not others (ex. "This cake is too sweet")? On the other hand, what is true for everyone?
- How does knowing the truth about a situation make it easier to make the right decision? How does knowing the Truth—Jesus Christ (John 8:32)—make it easier to make wise decisions?
- If Harlow's investigation had led him to interview you, how would you have answered the question, "What can you tell me about this Jesus fellow?"
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».