An Adventure in Bethany, Part 1
|Count It All Joy||An Adventure in Bethany, Part 1||An Adventure in Bethany, Part 2|
Lucy Cunningham-Schultz wants to learn about cities in the Bible, so Whit sends her into Bethany and later joins her. The adventure becomes all the more incredible when the two witness a person being raised from the dead!
The Sunday school committee has asked Lucy to write a series of articles about towns and cities of the Bible. So Whit sends Lucy back to first century Bethany, a suburb of Jerusalem. Later, he joins her there, and the two of them experience an adventure full of intrigue. They see an attempted murder, the anointing of a king, the raising of a man from the dead, and, best of all, the sacrifice, forgiveness, and love of Christ.
 Discussion Questions
- Lucy thought it was okay to miss a few church services in order to write the Bible articles. Why was that wrong to do?
- Why were the rabbis and religious leaders of Lazarus’s time so afraid of Jesus?
- How would you have reacted if you were there when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead?
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Lucy Cunningham-Schultz||Genni Long|
|Martha (b)||Lucille Bliss|
|Mary (c)||Pamela Hayden|
- “An Adventure in Bethany” was the first time Whit went into the Imagination Station to experience history.
- These episodes were made into an AIO Activity Pack, Lazarus, Come Forth!, Volume 3.
- In "It Is Well", Lucy says, "We sing mostly praise songs in my church," making it clear that she and Mr. Whittaker do not attend the same church. However, here, Whit notices that Lucy was not at church and approaches her about it.
- There are either no quotes for this episode, or they are incorrectly formatted. You can help.<pagesidebar>
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=7&epmode=detailed#episode226%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1993.htm#AIO226%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=226%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000260.cfm%7CWhits End