If I Never Told You
“If I Never Told You,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #910 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written by Abigail Geiger, and was originally released on January 1, 2021.
Not everyone is excited when a surprise guest shows up for the Bassett-Wise holiday retreat at Trickle Lake.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
1. Talk about your most memorable Christmas ever. What made it so special?
2. Penny likes to plan surprises. Do you enjoy it when people surprise you? Or would you rather know about the surprise in advance so you can look forward to what's coming?
3. What happened to cause tension between Trissy and Eleanor? In your opinion, which of the sisters had more reason to feel hurt and upset? Why?
4. Who do you think paid the highest price for Eleanor's years of bitterness toward her sister? How do the Apostle Paul's instructions in Ephesians 4:26-27 and 31-32 apply to this situation?
5. Why is it important to talk about hurt feelings instead of bottling them up or running away from them? Is anything bothering you that would be helpful to talk about?
6. Read Proverbs 15:1. Which harsh words between Trissy and Eleanor seemed to make things worse, and what could the ladies have said or done instead to calm things down?
7. Penny chimed in, "I have an idea! Why don't we sing Christmas carols and not fight?" Read Matthew 5:9 and discuss ways God has used people you know—maybe even you—to keep the peace?
8. Why is it important to forgive those who hurt us rather than holding a grudge? (Matthew 6:14-15, Leviticus 19:17-18, Mark 11:25, Colossians 3:12-14)
9. Before Trissy was a Christian, she thought of church as an "antiquated tradition." What do you think she meant? How would you explain the difference between going to church and having a personal relationship with Jesus?