A Matter of Manners
David and Alex are being excessively rude at Whit's End, so Whit asks them to leave. In order to impress Whit and get back into his good graces, the two of them concoct a plan which names them as "manners experts." Judging everyone on a point system, correcting their fellow students and distributing "Good Manners Badges," the boys become obsessed with their new roles.
Back at Whit's End, Mandy and Whit confront the two of them. Whit agrees that he wants them to police Whit's End for good manners, but not before they test their ability at eating ice cream politely. The two try their best, but end up failing miserably since Whit has set so many rules. Whit has made his point, explaining that manners are important, but correction should be done in a loving manner.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- What does "loving your neighbor as yourself" have to do with manners?
- Matthew 7:1 says not to judge-or else we will be judged in the same way we judge others. How does that apply to today's show?
|Alex Jefferson||Travis Tedford|
|David Straussberg||Jeff Ellison|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Principal Johnson||Walker Edmiston|
|Mandy Straussberg||Aria Curzon|
- The alarm that Whit and Mandy use when judging David and Alex is a buzzer from a Taboo game.
- This episode originally had an AIO shorty between it and its pair, #446b: "The Seven Deadly Dwarves". The shorty was titled "What Were They Thinking: Achan". The shorty was also included in the original airing of #429: “The YAK Problem”, but is currently unavailable in any format from Focus on the Family.
QuotesAlex Jefferson: Tut tut there, Mandy, is that an elbow I see?
John Whittaker: Ready?
Alex Jefferson: Ready!
David Straussberg: Ready!
John Whittaker: Begin.
John Whittaker: <buzzer> Oh, sorry! Alex, this diagram shows you need to lick the ice-cream in a clockwise direction, not counterclockwise. Minus two points.
Mandy Straussberg: <buzzer> David, it says here you're supposed to eat the cherry first, not the whipped cream. Three points off.