To the Ends of the Earth
“To the Ends of the Earth,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #770 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Nathan Hoobler, and was originally released on June 1, 2015.
While delivering Bibles to a tribe in Papua, Whit and Jason become victims of sabotage and must choose whether to love their enemy.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Heard in episode
|Jeff Lewis||Gary Reed|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Jason Whittaker||Townsend Coleman|
|MAF Dispatch||Dave Arnold|
- This episode's ministry is Mission Aviation Fellowship.
- $5,000 in revenue from the Adventures in Odyssey Club was used to give 65,000 vaccines to protect children in remote areas from measles, malaria, diphtheria, and other deadly diseases.
- This episode takes place away from Odyssey: Episodes That Take Place Away from Odyssey
- How much did you know about Mission Aviation Fellowship before listening to this adventure? What did you learn about that ministry?
- Would you want to visit a jungle like the one Whit and Jason hiked through in Papua? Why or why not?
- How do you think people in remote villages like Tinjil feel when they receive a Bible in their own language? Why is it so special? Why do those of us with easy access to God’s Word sometimes fail to appreciate it?
- What is your family doing to spread the love of Jesus “to the ends of the earth”?
- What was your favorite part of this episode? If you had written the story, is there anything you would have done differently?
- Can you name five “enemies” the Whittakers have tangled with over the years? In what ways are they different? How are they similar?
- Talk about a time when you felt bullied or mistreated by someone. What happened?
- Read Matthew 5:43-48 together. What are some things we can do to love our enemies and make a tense situation better?
- Philippians 2:3-7 tells us to unselfishly put other people’s needs ahead of our own. Hebrews 12:14 says we should try to live in peace with everyone. With those verses in mind, when would it be appropriate to compromise in an attempt to show love to an enemy? When would compromising be the wrong thing to do?
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».