Ohio is one of the fifty states in the United States.
- In Whit's Visitor, the narrator begins the episode by stating, during the introduction after the opening interview, that we are going to 'Odyssey, Ohio'.
- In The New Kid in Town the closing interview the question is asked, "Where is this town Odyssey?" and Ohio is given as the answer.
- The city of Cleveland is mentioned throughout Adventures in Odyssey:
- The city of Cincinnati is mentioned as well in a variety of episodes:
- While presenting a riddle to the kids at Whit's End, Whit references the city of Cincinnati (along with Buffalo and Detroit) in #7: “Promises, Promises”.
- In #142: “Train Ride”, Whit and Eugene board an Amtrak train in Chicago and head home to Odyssey. It is brought to their attention that some of the passengers on another train car (mannequin salesmen) are on their way to a convention in Cincinnati.
- Cincinnati is stated in a news report involving a mass misunderstanding that Harlow Doyle is the creator of PowerBoy Comics in #640: “Rights, Wrongs, and Winners”.
- In #2: “The Life of the Party”, a boy named Craig states that his family moved to Odyssey from Columbus.
- In #92: “The Ill-Gotten Deed”, Whit reads a book, with the first line explaining that Odyssey was founded in the early 1800's. Historically, during that time, Ohio was a state but was considered as "out west". In addition to "northwest Ohio," we have an area called the "Black Swamp" which might be related to the swamp in the episode.
- Historically, Johnny Appleseed traveled through Ohio. In #202: “Timmy's Cabin”, Tom Riley and several others discover that Johnny Appleseed traveled through the land that became Tom Riley's farm.
- In #242: “Hymn Writers”, the Kids Radio station takes listeners to Ashtabula, Ohio, to cover the events of a story.
- Carl Ross tells Jack Allen the story of the Underground Railroad in The Underground Railroad and establishes that it takes place in the "southern United States." Also, the ultimate destination of the sojourners is in the north.
- Eugene Meltsner and Mandy Straussberg take a ride in the Imagination Station to Oberlin, Ohio, in #392: “When In Doubt...Pray!”.
- The school closings notice, as heard on the radio in #466: “Snow Day”, lists a Butler County.
- In #629: “The Highest Stakes, Part 2”, it is revealed that bus ticket from Connellsville to Marietta costs $99. Marietta is a well-known city in Ohio.