In a Sun-Scorched Land, Part 2
“In a Sun-Scorched Land, Part 2,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #863 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Kathy Buchanan, and was originally released on February 1, 2019.
The children's faith and courage are tested as they struggle to survive and reach the refugee camp.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Now that you've heard the conclusion of this episode, which of the children—including Matthew—did you identify with most? Why?
- Can you recall three ways God provided for the children? [Then ask, "How hungry would you have to be to eat termites?" Or you could play a quick game of "Would You Rather Eat . . ."]
- Amina joined the boys after getting left behind by her first companions because an injury slowed her down. Contrast that experience with how Joseph, Amina and Omer cared for each other.
- Read Moses' words in Deuteronomy 31:6. How does it make you feel to know that God will never, ever abandon you?
- Talk about Omer's statement, "Our hope is never in the things of this world, but always in the Lord . . . in who He is."
- When have you, like Joseph after his village was destroyed, been more upset about losing something than hopeful about the good things ahead? Have those feelings changed? What did you learn from that experience?
- Why do you think that, instead of becoming bitter about losing Omer, Joseph was inspired to become a doctor?
- What did Dr. Calhoun mean when he told Matthew, "I am an eternal being living in a temporary home"?
- When has God been faithful to meet your needs with some form of "manna"? According to Deuteronomy 8:10-18, what should victories like this remind us to do?
Heard in episode
|Matthew Parker||Justin Felbinger|
|Joseph Calhoun||Phil Morris|
|Joseph Calhoun||Andre Robinson|
|Palita||Ellie Grace Siler|
|Joseph's Mother||Noveen Crumbie|
Mentioned in episode
|Lucia Ortega||Matthew Parker|
|Cooper Calhoun||Joseph Calhoun|
- These episodes were originally titled "In Search of the Promised Land, Parts 1-2"
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».