User talk:Scientific Guy
|I haven't gotten a good enough handle on school, so I may have to disappear for days at a time. Simply message me on my talk page if you need something.|
IMDB Safe Link
I like this idea but can it be a dynamic pop-up instead of loading an entirely different page? or reload the page and transclude? the original referring page data below the safe box? also I was still hoping we could standardize the IMDB/Personal Site/Wiki/Other AIO Site Links in The Actor Info Box (ie Gregory Jbara or Earl Boen ) instead of hiding those all the way at the bottom of the page... ~ OdysseyFan (talk) 16:35, 12 May 2017 (MDT)
- Also the link opens a new tab so the "Go back" doesn't work, only the "Proceed" link on the page should open a new window ~ OdysseyFan (talk) 16:39, 12 May 2017 (MDT)
- Good points.
- As to a popup, if you really want I can pursue it (I have an idea using div class=tip).
- I will fix the “Go back” link shortly.
- I don’t believe it’s possible (aside from #widget) to transclude a non-wiki page; fee free to prove me wrong.
- Just saying, Wikipedia uses the bottom-of-page-links format for its links, but, yes, I support putting them in the Box. I have other projects going on (maybe if you’d want to help me with them then reply saying so) so staff page links isn’t high on my priority list (because of all the numerous crew pages).
- Also, I’ve asked this question several times so I believe I deserve a straight answer. You’ve revealed a bit of inside info on the wiki (e.g. the Blackgaard books’ titles) for which I cannot find a source. I know you may be sworn to secrecy, but at least tell me if there is a reliable source. Please. Scientific Guy (talk) Episode DispersionAIOWiki Podcast 17:08, 12 May 2017 (MDT)
- Good points.
Not Transclude the Non-Wiki page, transclude the staff page so if you can't do a pop-up at least the original info is there so they don't think they mis-clicked or something, might need to add a "Why am I seeing This" help to that... also if I update something I have a reliable source. I don't think it matters where the information comes from, I'm not gonna just make stuff up. ie, now that Album 53 is old news no one cares who first posted the title or cover art as long as it was accurate info. maybe cite that if it was announced first in an official Podcast, but just because tyndale posted an image and anyone can see it doesn't matter if AIO Update posts it first or the Scoop. You got the art for unfair game a few days early, but then once it's on WhitsEnd.org and in the Club it doesn't matter. Maybe it came from a writer or Tyndale or announced on the Club. Personally I am still confused about Album 63 as I was emailed the titles including "Find a Penny" but then the Scoop posted a different title "To Find a Penny" but no back cover to back that up, no listing on FOTF or iTunes yet, so i guess we wait and see what's right. ~ OdysseyFan (talk) 08:12, 13 May 2017 (MDT)
- Okay, I’ll keep experimenting with the safe link.
- The main reason I want a reliable source is because we need to make sure that the info is true. The main case that I can think of is The Hand of Hope. As of now, we don’t know if that is the true title. The only reason I’ve called it that is because the phrase was brought up in Behind the Scenes. Once the episode comes out, it may have a different name. If it does, I can excuse why I was wrong due to a miscommunication from a reliable source. If I didn’t have that source, I would merely be guessing. What I want is to prove that the info’s true. (For example, I said that I got 817 art.jpg from Nathan Hoobler. Reliable. The Odyssey Facebook page hinted that Jay was coming back, I ‘announced’ it on the wiki, and then it was announced in Clubhouse. Reliable. Eugene said that according to Phil Lollar, the name of Album 62’s two-parter was changed. Reliable. In an early draft of the podcast I made, I said that Friend or Foe is a two-parter. Obviously, since then, the Odyssey Scoop has said it isn’t. Agent.MontyWhittaker said a source on the Odyssey Scoop message boards said that B-TV: Revenge was in Album 63. I disputed him until the Scoop officially announced that it was.) May I suggest putting the source in the “Summary” section of the edit block? Scientific Guy (talk) Episode DispersionAIOWiki Podcast 12:39, 14 May 2017 (MDT)
- Done Use Template:Ext link for direct replacements of links and [[imdb]] for IMDB links (see Katie Leigh). Does this work well enough? Scientific Guy (talk) Episode DispersionAIOWiki Podcast 13:49, 14 May 2017 (MDT)
Re: Albums Lead Section Markup
Sure I can work on that (might take me a bit, rather busy). Just to be clear you are looking to change the "RELEASE DATES" section of the Infobox Albums template. Seams like something that should be doable with mediawiki logic. What is all the xml in your Template:Test page for? Aiow 07:14, 8 September 2017 (MDT)
- Got it :) Pretty sure it is working for all cases. But why is there no cases for just aioc and dd? Aiow 06:55, 9 September 2017 (MDT)
- Well it is working for almost all of them. The early albums only have a year as the release date so it says "It was released on 2003." I would prefer to add in the month over changing the template, but do not know where to find that info. Also on album 1 it is broken, just because the release date is "1991 (as The Early Classics), and in 2005 (as The Adventure Begins)." That brings up a good question, how should we deal with multiple release dates? As in all from the gold audio series. Aiow 19:29, 9 September 2017 (MDT)
- I don't know. Did not think too much about it, just found the first AIOC episode for the 2018 season and made that January's.
- There and back again part 4? Hmm that's an interesting one. Why not just add it to Schedule:2017-11 along with part 2?
- The AIOpodcast aw thanks, you guys are too kind. I'm not sure. I don't have any good recording setup, and I don't know what I'd add to your podcast. What were you thinking of having me do?
- I don't know what you are remembering, but I have not changed my signature. http://www.aiowiki.com/w/index.php?title=User:Aiow/signature&action=history Must be someone else you are thinking of.
Aiow 10:37, 9 November 2017 (MST)
- Thanks for the offer to be part of the podcast, but I don't think I really should (at least now). Too busy, and I'm not sure about my voice being out there. I would kind of like to review album 63 (wow that was a disappointment, with a surprise), but I might just write up something on a user page.
- PS how was the cruse? Aiow 08:51, 28 November 2017 (MST)
wow. nice work. How did you remove the need for the start day in the schedule pages? Aiow 11:13, 17 December 2017 (MST)
Amazing! I had tried to do that very thing, but never found the #time function. No I did not build the schedule system, that was here before me. About a bot I had looked in to making one, now I have another reason to do so. Merry Christmas. Aiow 07:02, 19 December 2017 (MST)
Can you check the code for Template:Infobox Inventions it works on Strata-Flyer but not on Imagination Station. trying to highlight products that use inventions, like the character pages. ~ OdysseyFan (talk) 13:32, 9 January 2018 (MST)
RE: talk pages
I'm sorry!! I didn't know! will I get in trouble for deleting those?(ConnieKendall fan!(talk) 19:14, 20 January 2018 (MST))
No thank you for understanding.(ConnieKendall fan!(talk) 19:21, 20 January 2018 (MST))
What rank am I?
What's my rank and how do I get a higher rank?(ConnieKendall fan!(talk) 19:34, 20 January 2018 (MST))
oh, ok. by the way ill be listening to previews and stuff on your podcast. ill let you know how i like it.(ConnieKendall fan!(talk) 20:28, 20 January 2018 (MST))
Do you want to see my work?
I write AIO fanfiction and I was hoping I could make it an article on here. I just wanted to consult someone first. Do you think it would be a good idea? I'll message you my work if you want.(ConnieKendall fan!(talk) 23:31, 20 January 2018 (MST))
thanks! this'll be great!(ConnieKendall fan!(talk) 11:05, 21 January 2018 (MST))
Official AIOWiki Podcast
What is "Souper?"
- It's an article organization page. Thanks for the offer, but I think it should be left to the 4 of us admins. Scientific Guy (talk) Episode DispersionAIOWiki Podcast 18:40, 28 January 2018 (MST)
- Done I think that's what you wanted...? Scientific Guy (talk) Episode DispersionAIOWiki Podcast 16:31, 8 February 2018 (MST)
Can you delete the four Organizations templates I flagged for deletion? Back when I redid the Organizations templates, I made these pages obsolete and added the delete template to them. (ok for some weird reason the link to the http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Category:Flagged_for_Deletion category page is not displaying...) These four pages (they all are in the Flagged for Deletion category): Template:Organizations in Odyssey/aux Template:Organizations in Odyssey/aux2 Template:Organizations/aux Template:Organizations/aux2 Thanks Aiow 18:05, 17 February 2018 (MST)
- Thanks. No problem, glad I can help. PS is there a quicker way to contact you (SE chat, discord, email etc)? for example on the 15th when Jason13579 was spaming user pages, it would of been quite helpful if I could of gotten a hold of you then. Aiow 18:25, 17 February 2018 (MST)