User talk:Scientific Guy
|My school year is starting, so I probably won’t be able to do much except the Wraparound Project. I’ll eventually get a good rhythm and come back.|
IMDB Safe Link
I like this idea but can it be a dynamic pop-up instead of loading an entirely different page? or reload the page and transclude? the original referring page data below the safe box? also I was still hoping we could standardize the IMDB/Personal Site/Wiki/Other AIO Site Links in The Actor Info Box (ie Gregory Jbara or Earl Boen ) instead of hiding those all the way at the bottom of the page... ~ OdysseyFan (talk) 16:35, 12 May 2017 (MDT)
- Also the link opens a new tab so the "Go back" doesn't work, only the "Proceed" link on the page should open a new window ~ OdysseyFan (talk) 16:39, 12 May 2017 (MDT)
- Good points.
- As to a popup, if you really want I can pursue it (I have an idea using div class=tip).
- I will fix the “Go back” link shortly.
- I don’t believe it’s possible (aside from #widget) to transclude a non-wiki page; fee free to prove me wrong.
- Just saying, Wikipedia uses the bottom-of-page-links format for its links, but, yes, I support putting them in the Box. I have other projects going on (maybe if you’d want to help me with them then reply saying so) so staff page links isn’t high on my priority list (because of all the numerous crew pages).
- Also, I’ve asked this question several times so I believe I deserve a straight answer. You’ve revealed a bit of inside info on the wiki (e.g. the Blackgaard books’ titles) for which I cannot find a source. I know you may be sworn to secrecy, but at least tell me if there is a reliable source. Please. (talk) DONE! Episode DispersionAIOWiki Podcast 17:08, 12 May 2017 (MDT)
- Good points.
Not Transclude the Non-Wiki page, transclude the staff page so if you can't do a pop-up at least the original info is there so they don't think they mis-clicked or something, might need to add a "Why am I seeing This" help to that... also if I update something I have a reliable source. I don't think it matters where the information comes from, I'm not gonna just make stuff up. ie, now that Album 53 is old news no one cares who first posted the title or cover art as long as it was accurate info. maybe cite that if it was announced first in an official Podcast, but just because tyndale posted an image and anyone can see it doesn't matter if AIO Update posts it first or the Scoop. You got the art for unfair game a few days early, but then once it's on WhitsEnd.org and in the Club it doesn't matter. Maybe it came from a writer or Tyndale or announced on the Club. Personally I am still confused about Album 63 as I was emailed the titles including "Find a Penny" but then the Scoop posted a different title "To Find a Penny" but no back cover to back that up, no listing on FOTF or iTunes yet, so i guess we wait and see what's right. ~ OdysseyFan (talk) 08:12, 13 May 2017 (MDT)
- Okay, I’ll keep experimenting with the safe link.
- The main reason I want a reliable source is because we need to make sure that the info is true. The main case that I can think of is The Hand of Hope. As of now, we don’t know if that is the true title. The only reason I’ve called it that is because the phrase was brought up in Behind the Scenes. Once the episode comes out, it may have a different name. If it does, I can excuse why I was wrong due to a miscommunication from a reliable source. If I didn’t have that source, I would merely be guessing. What I want is to prove that the info’s true. (For example, I said that I got 817 art.jpg from Nathan Hoobler. Reliable. The Odyssey Facebook page hinted that Jay was coming back, I ‘announced’ it on the wiki, and then it was announced in Clubhouse. Reliable. Eugene said that according to Phil Lollar, the name of Album 62’s two-parter was changed. Reliable. In an early draft of the podcast I made, I said that Friend or Foe is a two-parter. Obviously, since then, the Odyssey Scoop has said it isn’t. Agent.MontyWhittaker said a source on the Odyssey Scoop message boards said that B-TV: Revenge was in Album 63. I disputed him until the Scoop officially announced that it was.) May I suggest putting the source in the “Summary” section of the edit block? (talk) DONE! Episode DispersionAIOWiki Podcast 12:39, 14 May 2017 (MDT)
- Done Use Template:Ext link for direct replacements of links and [[imdb]] for IMDB links (see Katie Leigh). Does this work well enough? (talk) DONE! Episode DispersionAIOWiki Podcast 13:49, 14 May 2017 (MDT)
Re: Albums Lead Section Markup
Sure I can work on that (might take me a bit, rather busy). Just to be clear you are looking to change the "RELEASE DATES" section of the Infobox Albums template. Seams like something that should be doable with mediawiki logic. What is all the xml in your Template:Test page for? Aiow 07:14, 8 September 2017 (MDT)
- Got it :) Pretty sure it is working for all cases. But why is there no cases for just aioc and dd? Aiow 06:55, 9 September 2017 (MDT)
- Well it is working for almost all of them. The early albums only have a year as the release date so it says "It was released on 2003." I would prefer to add in the month over changing the template, but do not know where to find that info. Also on album 1 it is broken, just because the release date is "1991 (as The Early Classics), and in 2005 (as The Adventure Begins)." That brings up a good question, how should we deal with multiple release dates? As in all from the gold audio series. Aiow 19:29, 9 September 2017 (MDT)
- I don't know. Did not think too much about it, just found the first AIOC episode for the 2018 season and made that January's.
- There and back again part 4? Hmm that's an interesting one. Why not just add it to Schedule:2017-11 along with part 2?
- The AIOpodcast aw thanks, you guys are too kind. I'm not sure. I don't have any good recording setup, and I don't know what I'd add to your podcast. What were you thinking of having me do?
- I don't know what you are remembering, but I have not changed my signature. http://www.aiowiki.com/w/index.php?title=User:Aiow/signature&action=history Must be someone else you are thinking of.
Aiow 10:37, 9 November 2017 (MST)