When You're Right, You're Right
Emily Jones is usually right about everything – from solving mysteries to cooking chili. But when she decides to try her hand at matchmaking for her brother Barrett, the singing card she creates may have disastrous consequences.
Emily Jones is not afraid to make her ideas known. She tells her dad how his chili is, and tries to give Barrett advice on how to get his "first love". She learns that Matthew Parker is helping Barrett make a card for a girl. Emily "fixes" the card, making it what a girl wants. She gives it to Matthew to give to Barrett. When she sees Barrett giving the card, she thinks that she did the right thing. Matthew then tells her that he changed the card back to how it originally was. Emily is upset, but soon gets over it by talking to her brother.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Why did Emily say that she and Matthew should hide when Barrett was talking?
- Do you think Emily was right or wrong for hiding?
- Why was it so hard for Emily to admit that she was wrong about something?
- What did Simon mean when he said that Emily needed to “balance” herself?
- Is there anywhere in your life that you might need to find “balance?”
Heard in episode
|Barrett Jones||Andy Pessoa|
|Card Voice||Dave Arnold|
|Emily Jones||Cristina Pucelli|
|Jay Smouse||Whit Hertford|
|Matthew Parker||Zach Callison|
|Priscilla Peterson||Gatlin Green|
|Simon Jones||Joel McCrary|
Mentioned in episode
|Dorothy Jones||Emily Jones|
|David Parker||Emily Jones|
|John Whittaker||Emily Jones|
Barrett Jones: Listen, Jay—why don't you go home and search for your brain? I think you left it in your sock drawer.