In order to get back into his father's favor, Wooton attends a auction as a representative for the Bassett family. There he meets the girl of his dreams, who enjoys all the same foods, activities, and discussions as Wooton. Sadly, she isn't a Christian and Wooton must decide if he should keep spending time with her.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Was Grady right to tell Mr. Bassett about how his car had gotten scratched, even though he got in trouble for it?
- Have you ever had to be honest even when it hurt?
Heard in episode
Mentioned in episode
|Carson McKay||Grady McKay|
|Wellington Bassett||Winston Bassett|
|John Whittaker||Grady McKay|
- This episode threw a wrench into Grady's journey to salvation. This was done because AIO team thought that his spiritual journey was just too easy. They wanted to show that when accepting Jesus, hardships could take place.
- Wooton describes himself as being "in like." Eugene uses this exact expression when talking to Jimmy and Curt in #117: “The Trouble with Girls”.
- The Pool Boys' name may be a spoof of The Beach Boys. They were inspired by a show Marshal Younger created in his younger years in which every episode ended with him putting his head under the water.
- The auctioneer says that a particular statue was created by Jacques Cartier, a Breton explorer.
- Although in this episode Wooton's father's name is Winston, in #516: “Bassett Hounds” his name was "Winslow."
QuotesWooton Bassett: I've got 560 box tops in my cupboard! I'm saving up for a yacht!
Connie Kendall: What was that all about, Wooton?
Wooton Bassett: I don't know, but I think I'm in like!
Wooton Bassett: Yeah, I'm bananas about licorice.
Wooton Bassett: You see, I have this policy.
Victoria Jamison: I know, you told me. No Latin at the breakfast table.
Winston Bassett: I want you to represent the family... and your brother is in Paris.
Wooton Bassett: Ooh, la la.
Winston Bassett: Yes, believe you me, you were not my first choice.
Wooton Bassett: This is my unenlightened friend, Connie.
Connie Kendall: "Joe" is fortunate to have a friend like you, Grady.
Grady McKay: Okay, we both know it's me, you can stop the "wink, wink" stuff now.
Wooton Bassett: So you mean I can't get the solider shaped like a bird?
Victoria Jamison: I don't know many people like you.
Wooton Bassett: Not many people know somebody like me.