Walter's Flying Bus
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In Uganda, Camilla meets a courageous young orphan with special needs, big dreams and a jungle full of amazing friends.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Heard in episode
Relative Importance / Chronological
|Camilla Parker||Michaela Dean|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
Mentioned in episode
|Olivia Parker||Camilla Parker|
|Matthew Parker||Camilla Parker|
|David Parker||Camilla Parker|
|Wally Haggler||Camilla Parker|
|Eva Parker||Camilla Parker|
- This episode is based on the children's book titled Walter's Flying Bus, written by a ministry called Chosen and Dearly Loved.
- Whit's chorus of child narrators was probably inspired by the traditional Greek chorus.
- Walter quotes what he refers to as an African proverb which says: "If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." The proverb in question was quoted just after the release of this episode by Senator Cory Booker in 2016 at the Democratic National Convention. It created a bit of a controversy when experts on the continent's literature and art were unable to trace its origins and complained that the proverb was being attributed to an entire continent, rather than a specific region or group of people. The proverb was also quoted by Al Gore in 2007 when accepting his Nobel Peace Prize - he joked later that he had made the quote up himself. Its origin may or not be the continent of Africa.
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».