Walk This Way
Penny convinces Connie that the answer to her financial problems is as simple as being crowned Miss Odyssey.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|Wooton Bassett||Jess Harnell|
|Penny Wise||Kimmy Robertson|
|Firefighter Rudy||Rudy Haerr|
- There are lots of wacky moments in this episode. Which ones did you find funniest?
- What did Connie mean when she said, "Beauty pageants are about parading around with plastic smiles and spray tans"? Do you agree? What's your opinion of beauty pageants?
- Connie had a great deal to learn in just two weeks. When have you been challenged to learn something really difficult in a very short period of time? What did that teach you?
- From judges and audience members to Connie's own coaches, people seemed to be evaluating her every word and every move. How do you think she felt about being judged? What sort of things make you feel that way?
- Penny apologized for pressuring Connie to do something she didn't want to do. When have you felt pressured by your friends? How would you describe the difference between encouraging someone and pressuring them?
- Imagine opening a small velvet gift box and finding a diamond ring inside—then throwing away the ring and keeping the box. That's just crazy! Even so, in what ways can we value the "packaging" more than what's inside when dealing with people? Apply Proverbs 31:30 and 1 Samuel 16:7.
- If Wooton were to ask you, "What's your talent?" what would you tell him?
- Who is your role model, and why? Read about the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23. Do you see any of those qualities in one another? If so, take a moment to encourage each other by pointing them out.
- Connie made sacrifices for people who weren't even her friends yet. As we see in the Bible, so did Jesus (Romans 5:8). Can you think of any examples from the episode . . . or from God's Word?
Eugene Meltsner: (Laughing) You really expect me to believe that... MISS KENDALL would be interested in performing in a... PAGEANT? (laughs) Of all people...
Connie Kendall: Eugene, I'm serious about this.
Eugene Meltsner: (Stops mid-laugh, very serious) Oh. Of course. Well I think... you would be a... fine Miss Odyssey, Miss... Kendall. (Ahem)