The Virtual Kid
|Where There's Smoke||The Virtual Kid||You Win Some, You Lose Some|
Alex Jefferson finds he's cut off from the real world when he creates a website.
Whit asks Eugene about the claim that according to an exclusive interview, he said that the newest Imagination Station program contains graphic violence. The pair of them corner Alex and clear up the misunderstanding. Alex apologizes to Whit and worries that he will have to shut down his Web site. Whit, however, says that he may continue his site as long as he verifies everything. Alex is excited, and even becomes obsessed with the Web site. He begins to ignore his friends because he is spending so much time on the site. A few days later at Whit's End, Whit tells him that Channel 10 News wants to interview him for television. Alex is overjoyed, but the interview turns out to be an interrogation in which the interviewer asserts that Alex is really a Virutal Kid. Whit stops the interview and explains to Alex that his passion is good, but needs to be controlled instead of it controlling Alex. The only master anyone should have is Jesus, and Whit explains that when people let someone else master you, a) the Lord doesn't like it, b) you miss out on all the fun. When the kids came back from the circus and ask to see Alex' Web site, he explains that now he wants to experience Whit's End for himself.
- Alex Jefferson was spending all his time working on his website. Have you had anything that has taken up too much of your time?
- Why do you think God wants us to be careful with our time?
|Alex Jefferson (b)||Travis Tedford|
|David Straussberg||Jeff Ellison|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|Jaime (c)||Katie Leigh|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Norm Sardoni||Phil Lollar|
- Though The Transmuter is never used in any other episode than "Another Man's Shoes", it is mentioned during Alex's television interview.
- The Virtual Kid is the only "un-signed" AIO, meaning that no author is given. John Beebee wrote this episode, but didn't sign his name to it.
- The character of David Straussberg is played by Jeff Ellison, the brother of Kyle Ellison, who played Sam Johnson.
- Contains an AIO Shorty: And You Think You've Got Problems?: Isaac
- This is Katie Leigh's 200th episode acting in.
- This episode aired around the time Whitsend.org was made.
QuotesJohn Whittaker: According to an exclusive interview, Eugene Meltsner said "Our most newest imagination station program here at Whit's End contains graphic violence? Oh Eugene-
Eugene Meltsner: Indeed as if I'd ever use the double superlative 'most newest'!
Norm Sardoni: Sounds like you've spend so much time in the virtual world, you've turned into a virtual kid.
Alex Jefferson: A what?
Norm Sardoni: You just admitted you never experience anything for yourself, and that you live your life through other kids.
- This Page On
- http://www.aiohq.com/1999.htm#Expression error: Unrecognised word "b"|AIOHQ
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=13&epmode=detailed#episodeExpression error: Unrecognised word "b"| Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1999.htm#Expression error: Unrecognised word "b"| Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=431b%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000Expression error: Unrecognised word "b".cfm|Whits End