The Ties That Bind, Part 6
The “Let’s Get Together Festival” becomes the catalyst for discussions about God’s Design for humanity and whether or not Family is important to society. Eugene and Katrina’s new “ward” worries them with his busyness. And Connie has to play parent to her guest, with mixed results.
1. Why are people like Camilla impressed by kids who don’t live by the rules? Does Buck’s past life seem kinda cool to you? Why or why not? Who are your heroes?
2. How did Buck show that his change of heart is real?
3. What is the meaning of the word gender? How are boys and girls different? What does our culture say, and what does the Bible say about being male and female? What would the world be like if everyone was the same gender?
4. What did you learn from Mr. Whittaker’s model train demonstration? Whit shows three things that can happen when we don’t follow God’s design; what were they? (Hint: the train wreck from going too fast around a curve; the potential head-on collision; pulling the heavy freight cars.) How is the model train demonstration different than Whit’s earlier example with the fountain pen?
5. Should we be tolerant of people who don’t agree with our Christian views? What does the word tolerate mean to you? Should we encourage people to follow their own beliefs?
6. How would you answer Olivia when she asked, “What’s wrong with people living the way they want to, with whomever they want to marry or call a family? If that’s what they want to be happy . . . ”?
7. What kind of adventure do you think Olivia had in the Room of Consequence? Do you think God’s design for family really matters? How would the world be different if families didn’t exist?
- This is a main episode in The Ties That Bind (Saga).