The Right Choice, Part 2
Eugene races back to Chicago to find Katrina. He asks Armitage, Katrina's father, for permission to marry his daughter. Armitage says yes, but he has also given Brandon Teller permission. Eugene races to Katrina's college. There, she explains that she hasn't said yes to Brandon's proposal. She needs time to think about it, because she's in love with Eugene. Hearing this finally brings Eugene to his senses. He realizes he has been totally self-absorbed, not thinking about what's best for Katrina. He asks her to marry him.
Katrina ends up saying no. But everything is okay. Her and Eugene's hopes for a future relationship are in God's hands.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Why was it important for Brandon and Eugene to get Mr. Shanks's permission to ask Katrina to marry them?
- Katrina said "No" to Eugene's proposal and yet he was still at peace.
- Why did he say that he was?
- Getting married is one of the most important decisions of our lives. What are some important things to think about before you get married?
|Armitage Shanks||Bernard Erhard|
|Brandon Teller||Thom Babbes|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|Jason Whittaker||Townsend Coleman|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Katrina Shanks||Pamela Hayden|
|Michael Barnes||Townsend Coleman|
- Katrina instructs the Christian Fellowship group that the next Bible study will meet at Taft Hall. Taft Hall is a building on the campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Eugene's remark to Jason in the closing scene of this episode about Jason knowing all about two people loving each other but not being right for each other is a reference to Jason's relationship with Tasha Forbes — an arc that ended a mere two episodes beforehand.
- Whit's line at the close of this episode about things getting "stirred up" in Odyssey serves to foreshadow the events of the next few episodes as he returns home.
- This episode takes place away from Odyssey: Episodes That Take Place Away from Odyssey
QuotesEugene Meltsner: Are you saying I'm paranoid, Mr. Whittaker? I suppose you've talked to other people about this?
Katrina Shanks: Even though you're obviously jealous...
Eugene Meltsner: I am not jealous!
Katrina Shanks: And in denial...
Eugene Meltsner: I am not in denial!
Eugene Meltsner: I'd rather not take up any more of your valuable time, sir.
Armitage Shanks: This is my daughter's life you're affecting; we have all the time I want. Come on.
Eugene Meltsner: Yes, sir.
Jason Whittaker: This'll make a good homecoming to Odyssey, just when I thought things were going to settle down for a while.
John Whittaker: Settle down? I have a feeling things are just getting stirred up.