The Power of One
It's the "B.C. Boxing" match-up of the year! Today's fight pits the early favorite Goliath the Philistine versus the puny Israelite David. The high stakes turn even honest men into betting men, meaning the Israelites will become Philistine slaves if Goliath wins and the Philistine slaves will become Israeli slaves if David wins. Who will win this decisive battle? This scene encourages trusting in God through prayer to accomplish the impossible!
Next up is “Paul—Apostle Paul," using the Bible to illuminate the hardships, beatings, stonings, and jail sentences he experienced. It proves that our faith in Christ is what saves us in the end.
Finally, it's time for an original production by Edwin Blackgaard and Harlow Doyle. The two characters go through the story of Samson in a ridiculous rhyme that parodies the incompetence of Harlow Doyle with Samson’s oafish antics, and highlights the importance of obedience to God.
In the end, Kids' Radio listeners follow the stories of David and Goliath, Paul the Apostle, and Samson as they each learn lessons in prayer, humility, and obedience. Each character learns to rely on God’s strength instead of his own.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
- This episode is also the first appearance of the character Harlow Doyle since #447: “Potlucks and Poetry”.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Phil Lollar in an acting role since #445: “No Boundaries”. The episode #542: “Eggshells” featured archive recordings of Lollar only.
- Includes the shorty: Paul, Apostle Paul — a spoof of the James Bond film series.
- "The Dangerous Haircut" was originally a split episode that was written around the year 2000, but never aired. It was later turned into a segment that was used in this episode.