The Malted Milkball Falcon
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- The kids said they would do something, but they didn't follow through on it. Have you ever done something similar?
- Was it right for Emily to jump to conclusions?
Heard in episode
|Barrett Jones||Andy Pessoa|
|Jay Smouse||Whit Hertford|
|Priscilla Peterson||Gatlin Green|
|Emily Jones||Cristina Pucelli|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Matthew Parker||Zach Callison|
|Nelson Swanson||Georgina Cordova|
- Read a devotional thought about this show.
- The conclusion of this episode is similar to #467: “Broken Window”.
- The title of this episode is a reference to Dashiell Hammett's detective novel, The Maltese Falcon. Jay's use of the term "stool pigeon" is probably a reference to the popular detective fiction at the time of the novel as well.
- Nelson's movie "Buck Norris and His Flying Feet" is a reference to martial artist and action movie star Chuck Norris.
- Nelson's novel "The Good, the Bad, and the Unhygienic" is a reference to spaghetti western The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
- The movies about the mutant ninja porpoises are references to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Jay blames his falling asleep on his suffering with sleep apnea, but sleep apnea does not cause increased sleepiness. A more likely condition that would cause falling asleep is narcolepsy. However, this is likely not a goof on the writers' part but a joke about Jay's poor excuse.
Barrett Jones: Emily Sherlock Jones is about to solve the case.
Emily Jones: You're not done til' I'm done.
Barrett Jones: Someone ate all of the maltballs out of the pinata last night..
Jay Smouse: Barrett!
Barrett Jones: What?
Jay Smouse: You stole them! How would you know that someone ate them unless that someone that ate them was you!
Barrett Jones: I just assumed that...
Jay Smouse: Put him in irons, throw away the key!
Jay Smouse: I slept like a rock. Does that count?
Chris Anthony: And I’m Chris, hoping you’ll join us again next time for more Adventures in Odyssey! <music fades out> …Is anyone gonna eat that last maltball?