The Lyin' Tale
After Aubrey Shepard is frightened by a kitten in a garbage can, she begins to quickly exaggerate the story.
Aubrey Shepard is not happy as she takes the garbage out to the dumpster. When she opens the lid, something inside moves. Seeing it is a cat, Aubrey tries to rescue it, but the kitten jumps out at her, making Aubrey scratch her arm on a bush. A few younger kids notice the commotion and Aubrey tells them it was a big monster. On the way to Whit's End, she tells Connie that it was a BIG cat that scared her. At Whit's End, as she tells and retells the story, the circumstances get bigger and bigger until it sounds like she was wrestling with a lion. Whit eventually confronts her and takes her to the hospital because there was a rabid mountain lion caught north of town. Faced with either telling the truth or having to take rabies shots, Aubrey finally admits her lie.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- What if you told a lie and no one ever found out about it?
- Is it still wrong? Lies have a bad habit of growing bigger.
- How could Aubrey have stopped the lie from growing into a bigger lie?
|Alex Jefferson||Travis Tedford|
|Aubrey Shepard||Danielle Judovits|
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Ellen Shepard||Carolyn Hennesy|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Doc Morton||Diane Michelle|
- Contains an AIO Shorty: And You Think You've Got Problems - Daniel
- To get the proper sound effects for the cat in the dumpster, Jonathan Crowe put his cat in a metal garbage can and recorded the sounds as it escaped. But don't worry; no animals were harmed during the creation of this program.
- This episode originally aired with the split 438b: The Telltale Cat, but when that episode was pulled from distribution, it was repaired with 442a: Two Roads for the album version and all subsequent airings.
- This is Connie's 200th episode.
QuotesAubrey Shepard: He bit me, and I bit him!
Aubrey Shepard: When I open this garbage can lid, anything can happen.