The Launch, Part 2
“The Launch, Part 2,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #740 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Dave Arnold, and was originally released on February 1, 2014.
A violent cattle raid makes peace between the battling tribes seem impossible as Whit and Wooton's visit to Uganda reaches a dramatic conclusion.
- What have you learned about the country of Uganda?
- What were the two different tribes fighting over and why did they continue to disagree?
- Have you ever desired something so much that you were willing to disappoint or hurt others to have it? Talk about that experience and what you learned from it.
- In order to make peace with someone, what needs to happen?
- What is one thing you can always do when you’re afraid?
- Take some time to pray for the people in Uganda.
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Wooton Bassett||Jess Harnell|
|Elizabeth Sparks||Stephanie Regio|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
- The featured charity for this episode is CVM, or Christian Veterinary Mission.
- This two parter was inspired by the real life veterinarian missionary Dr. Val Lomilo.
- The artwork for this episode created a controversy on the ToO regarding stereotypical depictions of Africa and African people.
- Whit refers to C.S. Lewis and his book Mere Christianity.
- Jess Harnell (as Wooton) does four impressions as the licorice sticks including Bill Cosby and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Egghead: Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis. Downloading. Study lessons attached.
Wooton Bassett: Stick out your tongue, Mosie. Oh, yeah, better. I mean it would be hard not to look better when you’re recovering from a wooden tongue.