The Imagination Station, Revisited, Part 1
Kelly gets in Whit's new "Imagination Station Experience" and is surprised to hear a voice, Mabel! Mabel selects a adventure at random. Kelly goes into "the door with the flashing red light. She finds herself in the middle of a road in the First Century B.C. and meets a blind boy named Josiah. Jesus is riding a donkey through the streets of Jerusalem and Josiah is trying to get to Jesus as he is hoping for healing. Josiah's father, a temple priest, and other priests of the temple come up and try to stop Jesus.
Kelly guides Josiah home, but then Josiah's father comes home angry! He berates Josiah about being at the triumphal entry. Kelly is about to leave the house when she disappears and reappears in an closet with a curtain. She overhears the priests planing to kill Jesus. Then another priest discovers her in the closet.
Then news comes that Jesus is attacking the temple merchants. The priests send Kelly to Jesus as a messenger. They tell Kelly to tell Jesus they have "lost their patience and now is his last chance to explain himself to the high priest". Other people come to Jesus to be healed, Josiah is among them too and Josiah is healed. Judas brings her back and starts to make plans for Jesus's death.
Kelly is locked in a storeroom, but as soon as she goes through the door she is in Josiah's storeroom! The door bursts open and she finds Josiah. Kelly tells Josiah that the high priests are planing to kill Jesus. They go to John Mark's house and serve food to Jesus and his disciples. When she walks out the house door she disappears again and finds herself on the Mount of Olives. Judas the temple guards come up to capture Jesus.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
Heard in episode
|John Mark||Chad Reisser|
|Judas Iscariot||Will Ryan|
|Xerial||James M. Connor|
- John Mark is played by Chad Reisser, the actor who played Digger Digwillow — the child who originally experienced this Imagination Station adventure. Whereas in the original adventure Reisser's character Digger assisted John Mark in serving the Passover meal to Jesus and His disciples, in this episode Reisser takes the role of John Mark and both Kelly and Josiah (c) take Digger's place as the assistants.
- These episodes, being numbers 641 and 642, have similar titles and plots to #66: “The Imagination Station, Part 1” and #67: “The Imagination Station, Part 2”.
- The events of #226: “An Adventure in Bethany, Part 1” and #227: “An Adventure in Bethany, Part 2” involving Lazarus's resurrection are mentioned in this episode by the high priests.
Josiah: Master, I want to be a son of light.
Jesus: He who believes in me believes not in me, but in him who sent me, and he who sees me sees him who sent me. I have come as light into the world, and whomever believes in me may not remain in darkness. Open your eyes, child. See me.
Josiah: I can see! I can see! Father, I can see!