Take It on Trust
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
Olivia has a secret that's bigger than big – and she wants it kept under wraps. Zoe, her best friend, is the only soul she trusts with her news. Suddenly Olivia's secret is being broadcast to the whole school, and she can't believe Zoe betrayed her confidence. Can Zoe figure out who really spilled the beans and save her friendship with Olivia? And how does a lovestruck Jay Smouse fit in?
|Jay Smouse||Whit Hertford|
|Olivia Parker||Kelly Stables|
|Zoe Grant||Natalie Lander|
|Jason Whittaker||Townsend Coleman|
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Eva Parker||Amanda Troop|
|Mrs. Mays||Mary Pat Gleason|
- This episode has significant connection to The Ties That Bind (Saga).
- Olivia mentions Ebola.
- Jay Smouse sings a song about toenail fungus to the tune of "Little Brown Church", similar to the time when he sang a parody of "Hail to the Chief" in #693: “The Amazing Loser”.
- Connie announced plans for a Kids' Carnival. If you've ever been to a carnival, what did you enjoy most about it?
- Read Exodus 3:11-14 and 4:10-17 to see how Moses reacted when the Lord told him to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Like Moses, Connie wondered, "Why would God ask me to do something I know I can't do?" Has God ever challenged you to do something outside of your comfort zone?
- What's your "thing"? Olivia wanted to raise money to help beetles. Are any social causes close to your heart? What can you do to make a difference? Be encouraged by Philippians 4:13.
- If you could appear in a TV commercial, what company or product would you like to promote? Why?
- Having her secret announced at school upset Olivia. What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you? Are you able to laugh about it yet?
- Think of a time when a friend betrayed your trust. What happened? Were you able to forgive, despite the anger and disappointment? If it's still a sore subject, read Matthew 6:14 and pray that God will heal that situation.
- Eva told Olivia that she should talk with Zoe and "hear her side of the story before jumping to any conclusions." Why is that good advice?
- Olivia was so hurt that she was tempted to take revenge. When have you felt that way? Read Romans 12:17-21 to hear what God thinks about payback.
- Who do you trust most, and why? What makes it easier to trust some people than others? On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you trust God?
- If there was an award for the episode's most trustworthy character, who would you give it to? Who proved to be least trustworthy? Why?
QuotesJay Smouse: Truth be told, I'd believe you if you said Mars was made out of Marshmallow cream.
Zoe Grant: It's not.
Jay Smouse: I believe you.