It’s supposed to be an exclusive opportunity, but Liz finds otherwise when she sees the girl competing against her to be in a hair commercial - Mandy Straussberg. The problem is that the two of them are still feuding. After the two former best friends improve their poise and complexion, Liz wins the part. Yet she backs out when she has to be the "ugly hair girl" in the commercial - and, worse, act opposite Jared.
Mandy ends up modeling the hair product. She finds out that Liz suggested her for the part, and the two spend a day together for the first time in a long time. However, it turns out that Liz meanly recommended Mandy for the "ugly hair girl" role, which infuriates Mandy all over again. Only a bold step of humility will cause the two girls to finally make up with each other.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- How were the Modeling Agency scouts dishonest with Liz and Mandy?
- Was it really “all right again” when Liz and Mandy made up the first time?
- Holding a grudge never solves a problem. When you disagree with a friend, how do you react?
Heard in episode
|Commercial Narrator||John Fornof|
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Jared DeWhite||Brandon Gilberstadt|
|Liz Horton||Lauren Schaffel|
|Mandy Straussberg||Aria Curzon|
Mentioned in episode
|Seth Young||Mandy Straussberg|
- This episode concludes the feud between Liz Horton and Mandy Straussberg that began in #526: “Seeing Red” and continued in #538: “Stubborn Streaks”.
- This is the second episode about competitive modeling that also includes a scene with a slurping contest between two girls at Whit's End. The first was #163: “A Model Child”, with Melanie Jacobs and Traci Needlemeyer.
- This episode marks Jared DeWhite's last appearance as a regular character. Jared would appear later for a phone interview in #638: “The Triangled Web, Part 1”.
- Mandy says she hasn't done any television work before, but she was in at least four B-TV episodes prior to the debut of this episode.
QuotesLiz Horton: You think I could be a model?
Mandy Straussberg: What are you doing here?
Jared DeWhite: I've been told I have the perfect forehead.
Ollie: Like, well, we wouldn't say that to your friend here.
Connie Kendall: You wouldn't?
Ollie: Your nostrils are uneven.
Jared DeWhite: Set your hair on fire with this candle while I bug the phone.
Liz Horton: What do you think of this sweater?
Jared DeWhite: Eh. It makes you look fat.
Liz Horton: What?!
Mandy Straussberg: I think I'd rather have a friend than a grudge.