Passages: Darien's Rise, Part 3
|Passages: Darien's Rise, Part 2||Passages: Darien's Rise, Part 3||Passages: Darien's Rise, Part 4|
As they prepare to leave, Kyle wonders why all the neighboring countries are at war with Marus. Darien explains it’s the people that form a great country, but the neighboring countries think it is the land. They meet with General Liddell and his other officers and then go to Krawley.
At the battle in Krawley, the Marutians fire their canons into the hills at the Adrians and then pursue them. General Liddell orders Darien to search a specific area. When they get there Kyle feels that strange feeling and dives onto Darien as a bullet barrels past them. The soldiers find the marksman and are shocked that he is a Marutian soldier.
Meanwhile, Anna stays with the Old Judge and they settle into a routine. She spends time learning about the Unseen One. The Old Judge tells her that the Unseen One had him make King Lawrence and then General Darien the king. Anna has dreams where the Old Judge tells her that two were called to be the voice and protector. As Anna does ordinary things sometimes she is transported to other places in her dreams. She sees the king upset that the attempt on Darien’s life failed.
That night, the king has a banquet the night before Darien and Michelle are to marry. He gives wedding gifts to them. When the crowd calls Darien, he takes Michelle to the balcony. Kyle gets another feeling that Darien is in trouble. He rolls a button at Darien...which causes Darien to move just as the king lets an arrow fly from the antique crossbow. The king apologizes, but Darien and Kyle understand that the king wants Darien dead.
 Discussion Questions
- Kyle saved General Darien’s life for a second time. Are there ways that you could save someone?
- If you tell others about Jesus, how do you save them?
- Have you saved someone trouble by telling him something?
- Can you name other ways that you can save people?
- General Darien was betrayed by one of his own men from Marus. Why does it hurt more when a friend hurts you than when a stranger treats you badly?
- Do you think Jesus felt that way when He knew His disciple was going to betray Him?
- Read Matthew 26:21 to see what Jesus knows about betrayal. Why should you talk to Jesus when you feel betrayed?
- Anna’s dream told her to have faith in the Unseen One and she would be His voice. Do you have faith in God?
- How would you define faith?
- Read Hebrews 11:1-2. What do you hope for?
- Is your hope in Jesus and His promises of eternal life with Him?
- Darien played the piano as he tried to figure out what to do next. What do you do when you are trying to figure things out?
- Read Mark 1:35 to see what Jesus did to figure out what to do.
- How does prayer help you figure out what to do?
 QuotesOld Judge: The Unseen One is the creator and sustainer of all things; he is everywhere at all times: all-seeing, all-knowing, all powerful.
Anna: Like God.
Old Judge: No, not like God; the Unseen One is God.
- This Page On