Passages: Darien's Rise, Part 7
Prince George rides into Kellen and meets with Darien. He tells Darien that the king is tracking him and knows he is there. Darien wants George to stay with them but George insists on going back to the king in order to feed information to Darien. Anna goes into a dream and tells Darien that the people of Kellen will hand him over to the king.
Darien leaves and his men go to hide in the Valley of the Rocks. The king’s men surround them and Lawrence tells Darien to surrender. At just that moment, the king gets a distress call from Furnchance that they are under attack from the Palatians. The king and his men leave. Darien and his men are thankful.
The battle of Furnchance turns into a war between Marus and Palatia. Darien’s men hide in the Territory of Peace where others join them or bring supplies to them. Kyle and Anna are torn between being the voice and protector and going home.
Soon, they get bad news. The Old Judge is dead. Darien, Colonel Oliver, Anna and Kyle go to Hailsham to pay their last respects. Unfortunately, their train stops to pick up the king! Darien climbs on the outside of the train to the king’s compartment and takes his coronation medal while he is sleeping.
In Hailsham, Darien, Colonel Oliver, Kyle and Anna sit in the back of the church and go to the Old Judge’s cottage after the funeral. The king is there. Darien professes his loyalty to the king and shows him the medallion. They weep in an embrace. The king asks him to have mercy on him and his family when he becomes king.
- Darien and his men prayed to the Unseen One before Darien surrendered to the king. How often do you pray?
- How does the amount of time you pray compare to the amount of time you talk to your friends?
- Darien and his men were saved because King Lawrence’s men received a distress call from Furnchance. Have you personally witnessed something wonderful that God did?
- Darien told Anna and Kyle that the Old Judge had died. Read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14. What is our hope when people die?
- How can we be sad that a person has died but still celebrate that person’s ongoing life in heaven with God?
- When King Lawrence got on board the train, Darien decided to go to his compartment. What is the last reckless thing you did?
- What does Proverbs 14:16 tell you to do about being reckless?
- How does being reckless harm you?
- Darien showed the king his coronation medallion as proof that he would not harm him. How does God prove to you that He is for you and does not want to harm you?
- Read Jeremiah 29:11-13. How do those words make you feel?
|Colonel Oliver||Chris Edgerly|
|Corporal Flack||Matt Yang King|
|General Liddell||Fred Tatasciore|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|King Lawrence||Jim Cummings|
|Prince George||Armin Shimmerman|
QuotesDarien: I'm in the hands of the Unseen One [God]. He will do with me whatever he will.
Anna: If the Unseen One is God, than he is God everywhere.
Anna: How's your stomach?
Kyle: Ugh. I can't be his [Darien's] protector if he's going to do stuff like this.