Passages: Darien's Rise, Part 6
The shepherd who brought the news that Sister Leona had given Darien the sword is promised the land if he will kill all the Sisters. Anna tries to warn Sister Leona but the attack has already begun. Anna barely escapes.
Anna wakes up and finds herself in Anastasia’s dilapidated home. The old woman tells her she saw her different colored eyes and knows she is a servant of the Unseen One. Anna uses Anastasia’s phone to let Kyle know she is alive. General Liddell finds out that Darien is near his parent’s home through this call. Kyle and Anna meet again and are convinced of the Unseen One. Darien promises to set things right.
Darien and his one hundred strong regiment travel south to Kellen. Colonel Oliver scouts ahead and finds that the Palatians have taken over Kellen. Darien and his men go to the hills to decide what to do. Anna’s dream shows that Darien is victorious and she tells him so. Darien tells his men they are to attack.
Darien’s men go into the city in disguise. Darien and Kyle enter the city. Darien acts like a crazy man. They are taken to the general’s office where they capture him and work out the terms of surrender.
- Kyle and Anna became convinced of the Unseen One. Are you convinced that God is alive today and acts on your behalf?
- Read Isaiah 64:4. What is the one thing God asks you to do while He acts on your behalf?
- Why do you think He asks you to wait?
- Darien thought the convent massacre was his fault. Have you ever felt responsible when something bad happened?
- How did you learn from your mistakes?
- Read Proverbs 15:31-32. Why do you think the Bible says, “Whoever ignores instruction despises himself”?
- Colonel Oliver scouted ahead and found that the Palatians had overtaken Kellen. Do you plan ahead?
- Darien toasted the Unseen One in thanksgiving for their victory. How can you spend time in thanksgiving to God for all the good things that happen to you each day?
- Read Psalm 100:4. When you talk to God, do you start off with your problems, or do you start by praising Him and thanking Him?
- PARENTAL WARNING:
|“||Because portions of this episode may be too intense for younger listeners, we recommend that children under the age of ten listen with their parents.||”|
QuotesDarien: The ways of the Unseen One [God] don't always line up with what we hope or expect.
Darien: Lift your cups my good friends of Kellen. Mayor, this is a day of celebration. The Palatians are defeated, and Kellen is free!
Mayor of Kellen: <raises a toast> To you Darien for your victory!
Darien: No, no, No, NO Mayor! May the Unseen One receive glory for our victory! To the Unseen One!