Passages: Darien's Rise, Part 4
In yet another dream, Anna is transported to where King Lawrence and General Liddell are plotting. When they leave the room a woman comes out of the curtain having overheard the two men. Anna is confused.
Meanwhile, Darien returns home and plays the piano trying to figure out what to do. Princess Michelle rushes into the room. She tells Darien that the king and General Liddell have hatched a plan to arrest him on charges of treason. The knock on the door springs the three into action. Darien and Kyle escape. In a dream, Anna sees soldiers move into a room with the woman she saw before. The next morning, Kyle and Darien show up at Old Judge's house and the siblings share a touching reunion.
Kyle, Anna, Darien and the Old Judge catch up on what has been happening to each of them. The Old Judge tells Darien that the king’s jealousy was inevitable. Anna and Kyle talk about who the Unseen One is. Soon, they get a newspaper that suggests that Darien is involved in a plot to overthrow the king. The wedding is canceled. Anna tells Kyle about her dreams. She believes the Unseen One has brought them there for a reason. The Old Judge expects the king to visit him since his country estate is only a few miles away. Darien decides to go to the king’s estate to speak with George.
The king does indeed send soldiers to find Darien at the Old Judge’s house but, through the judge’s suggestions, the soldiers are incapacitated by laughter or tears. When General Liddell and the king come to the Old Judge’s home, the king is reminded of his willful disobedience to the Unseen One. The king tells the Old Judge he will find Darien. After the king leaves, the Old Judge sends Anna on a mission.
At the king’s estate, Prince George assures Darien of his friendship and of the king’s madness. George suggests Darien go to Prince Edwin in Gotthard for refuge.
- Anna explained the Unseen One to Kyle. Have you ever told someone about your faith in God?
- Read Matthew 9:37. How do you bring in the harvest in the Kingdom of God?
- The newspaper stated that there had been a plot to overthrow the king and implied that Darien was part of it. When was the last time you were accused of doing something that you had not done?
- How did it make you feel?
- What does Matthew 5:25 tell you about working out problems?
- George suggested Darien hide out until Lawrence’s jealousy subsided. Read Exodus 20:5. What do you think it means when God says that He is jealous?
- How do we sometimes withhold our love from God?
- What is the difference between human jealousy and the jealousy of God?
QuotesKyle: What are you going to do?!
Darien: What else can I do? I'm going to bed!
Darien: He [Prince George] is my friend. I want him to know that these allegations are all lies.
Old Judge: If he's your friend, then he knows it all ready.
Old Judge: The wheels are in motion, my son — nothing can be the way it was.
Darien: ...we are still friends; no matter what happens...
Prince George: Our friendship is secure, my brother. May the Unseen One [God] be our witness.
Darien: So be it.