At Odyssey Middle School, they have Opposite Day. Olivia Parker decides to reach out to people she wouldn't normally be friends with, and to explore different activities. Amber, an avid rock collector and geek, befriends Olivia. Olivia is just being nice, and leads Amber on. Together, they go out collecting rocks, until Olivia breaks the news to Amber that she doesn't really like rock collecting.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Do you think Olivia was really trying to reach out to Amber?
- What could Olivia had done differently to be kind to her?
- Was Barrett being obsessive with Club Kid-Chat?
- Do you ever get overly obsessed with things?
Heard in episode
|Priscilla Peterson||Gatlin Green|
|Olivia Parker||Hope Levy|
|Wooton Bassett||Jess Harnell|
|Barrett Jones||Andy Pessoa|
|Amber (b)||Corrie Shenigo|
|Drama Club Teacher||Diane Ingolia|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
Mentioned in episode
|Susan VanHorn||Barrett Jones|
|Matthew Parker||Priscilla Peterson|
- Read a devotional thought about this show.
- Chris says the wraps of this episode in reverse! (She starts with "Our cast included…" and ends with "Opposite Day was written by…")
- Olivia says that she and Priscilla used to play with Molly Muppets; this is probably a reference to Polly Pockets.
- Club Kid-Chat is a spoof of social media sites, specifically Facebook.
- While arguing about a scene to create for drama club, Olivia suggests inventing a scene between Sir Isaac Newton and his wife. Amber argues that this didn't happen and Oliva replies that it could have, that Amber doesn't know. However Amber should have known: Sir Isaac Newton never married.
QuotesWooton Bassett: How was school today, Barrett?
Barrett Jones: It was okay, but I lost a friend.
Wooton Bassett: Uh, did you check your locker?
Barrett Jones: I lost a Club Kid-Chat friend. And I can't figure out who un-friended me.
Wooton Bassett: They didn't tell you?
Barrett Jones: No. I logged in this morning and instead of having 523 friends, I only had 522!
Wooton Bassett: Are you still doing Club Kid-Chat?
Barrett Jones: Yeah. I posted an update this morning saying that I felt kinda down.
Wooton Bassett: Wow. Any responses yet?
Barrett Jones: Four. One suggesting a self-help book, one asking who I was, one telling me to meditate more and one saying that I could earn $80,000 a year working from home!
Olivia Parker: So I get to practice acting. She gets to hang out with someone new for a day. It's a win-win.
Priscilla Peterson: It's a weird-weird.
Olivia Parker: Well, someday when I'm playing a geographist on Broadway, you'll look back on this day and say "Yes, I remember when she practiced this part years and years ago."
Priscilla Peterson: Geologist. It's called a geologist.
Priscilla Peterson: By the way, Matthew and I waited at Whit's End for you. You usually come right after school. Where were you?
Barrett Jones: I've been playing Igloo-Rama on Club Kid-Chat with my new friend from Guam for the past four hours.
Priscilla Peterson: Wow.
Barrett Jones: Can you believe it? I have a friend in Guam. I'm up to 523 friends now.
Olivia Parker: Barrett! I am so glad to see you!
Barrett Jones: Why?
Olivia Parker: You speak English!
Barrett Jones: Are you a cloud?
Wooton Bassett: Nope. Try again.
Barrett Jones: An inside out sheep?
Wooton Bassett: Nope, I'm mashed potatoes.
Barrett Jones: I get it, but I don't get why.
Wooton Bassett: Well, it's Mailman Spirit Week. Today is Dress Like Your Favorite Vegetable Day. I really struggled between mashed potatoes and stuffed tomatoes. But surprisingly a tomato is actually a fruit. Go figure. Wonder what it would be like in a pie.
Amber: Gravity is boring? That's like saying oxygen is a luxury item!