Jana Whittaker-Dowd, had two brothers growing up - that is until Jerry died in the Vietnam War and after this, Jana's father John Whittaker, took favouritism of the only other son he had, Jason. Because of this, Jana grew up feeling not as loved. And because of that, Jana and Whit's relationship was not as close. Jana and Whit's relationship did not get better until the episode A Member of the Family, Part 2. It's also mentioned in the same episode that in response to Jerry's death she threw herself into antiwar protests regarding the Vietnam War.
- See Whittaker family
Jana was married to Phil Dowd, but they got divorced. They had two kids, Monty and Jenny. She was the daughter of John and Jenny Whittaker. While she respects her father, the two of them don't often see eye to eye. Her brothers are Jason and Jerry.
Jana has appeared in the following albums:
- Album 01: The Adventure Begins (2 episodes)
- Album 07: On Thin Ice (2 episodes)
- Album 16: Flights of Imagination (1 episode)
- Album 45: Lost and Found (1 episode)
- Album 60: Head Over Heels (2 episodes)
- Family Portraits (2 episodes)
See Whittaker quotes.