In All Things Give Thanks
The Mulligans learn that no matter what troubles they encounter along the way, they should still thank God for all their blessings.
Traci Mulligan is taking Janelle, Nick, Lisa, Jessica, and Hector, a boy from Colombia who is staying with them, to school when Nick accidentally releases Jessica's cockroach collection in the car. Meanwhile, Mike Mulligan is looking for the family's escaped baby kangaroo, Chester, in the yard of his neighbor, Mr. Sneed. When Sneed sees Mike, he informs him that because he is sick of the smell and sight of the animals he has started a petition to get rid of their small zoo.
Lisa's desire to play her baritone in the school marching band is looked at with dismay by her teacher, who thinks a blind girl has no place in a marching band. Although Lisa convinces him to give her a chance, he pushes her harder because of her limitations and when the list of participants is posted, she is not on it. She chooses to use that as an opportunity to work harder and become a better musician in preparation for trying out again the following year.
Hector, meanwhile, is bullied by the other students at schools because he's small. He tries to reason with them, but eventually strikes one of the boys and gets suspended for fighting. When Mr. Sneed and Mike find Chester stuck in a storm drain, only Hector is able to save him, and Hector realizes that there is something good about being small.
Mr. Sneed is still determined to get rid of the zoo, despite helping to rescue Chester. Things take a good turn, though, when a fertilizer plant in Connellsville offers to buy some of the fertilizer from the Mulligan's zoo, which will not only solve their problem with Mr. Sneed, but will give them much-needed financial help. The family discusses how God has provided and how they should be thankful.
- Why did Hector not want to give thanks to God for the bad things that happen?
- What did Traci tell him about thanking God?
- How did everything turn out okay for Lisa?
- How about Mr. Sneed?
- Why should we thank God in all situations?
- Can you think of ways to thank God for things in your life?
|Janelle Mulligan||Myeisha Phillips|
|Jessica Mulligan||Myeisha Phillips|
|Lisa Mulligan||Nicole Myers|
|Mike Mulligan||Bill Myers|
|Nick Mulligan||Chris Castile|
|Traci Mulligan||Vaughn Taylor|
|Mr. Sneed||Pete Reneday|
- Behind the Scenes: In All Things Give Thanks (from The Official Guide, 1st edition)
- "This episode introduced Hector, a boy from Bogota, Colombia, who is adopted by the Mulligan family. This was also the last episode in which we saw the Mulligans as an entire family. Lisa, Nick, and Mike were heard in future episodes, but we never returned to the Mulligan home."
- Mr. Benteen told Lisa, "As you wish". This phrase is used in The Princess Bride. List of Princess Bride References
QuotesNick Mulligan: It's Jessica's collection. They're running all over the car.
Traci Mulligan: Running? What do you mean running?
Jessica: It's my cockroach collection.
Hector: So it's true then. God really does cause things to work together for good.