Home Again, Part 2
Penny Wise, Wooton Bassett and Connie Kendall are on their picnic near Jason Whittaker's cabin at Trickle Lake. Connie wants to go for a walk. Penny and Wooton convince Connie to go to Jason's cabin to get some water. When Jason isn't home, Connie suggests they just go on their walk.
Eugene Meltsner wakes up and finds himself tied up in the back of Jansen's Jeweler's. Rudolph Karazinsky and Sebastian Karazinsky then confront him about copying their apparent scam and they decide to take advantage of the physical resemblance to Eugene's dismay.
Once on their walk Connie confronts Penny and Wooton about their finding Jason's location. They confess and Connie gets on Penny for her scheme. Then they randomly bump into Jason who was also taking a walk in the woods. Penny and Wooton get introduced to Jason. Jason invites the trio back to his cabin.
Eugene mentions that he was going to see a friend involved with law enforcement and expresses that Joanne Allen will be disappointed that the diamond rings were fake. Rudolph and Sebastian then try to blackmail any money Eugene made from the copycat scam out of him. They realize he probably didn't make any money, so they decide to try to frame him.
Jason, Connie, Wooton, and Penny are talking about stuff at Jason's cabin. Jason then asks what they do in their spare time. Penny then invites Jason back to their apartment, which he accepts. In the meantime Whit gets a call from Katrina Meltsner saying that Eugene hasn't come home. Joanne then goes to Whit's End and the two decide to compare notes on the whole situation.
Wooton wins the game that he, Jason, Connie and Penny are all playing together. Penny, Connie, and Wooton all decide to call it a night despite the fact that Jason wants to go out to a movie. Jason then admits he wanted to spend time with God and is having difficulty doing that. Penny suggests Jason work up to it and Jason thanks the three for helping him find perspective. He then decides to see Whit.
At Whit's End, Whit, Joanne, and Jason all connect the string of events going on. They decide to go to Jansen's Jeweler's to investigate. Shortly before they arrive Sebastian knocks out Eugene with the Vulcan Neck Pinch. They find that Rudolph and Sebastian are two men Jason's had encounters with before and they are arrested and Eugene is saved from being abandoned. The following morning Jack Allen calls and asks Jason to take over the antiques store.
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
Heard in episode
- Jack is briefly heard in this episode, for the first time since #654: “Passages: Darien's Rise, Part 9”. This appearance marks Alan Young's last voice role for AIO before his death in 2016.
- This episode was re-aired on September 24, 2016 as a commemoration of Alan Young (Jack Allen) and Janet Waldo (Joanne Allen).
- Jack's visit to Scotland (and brief use of Scottish brogue) is a tip of the hat to actor Alan Young's Scottish heritage.
- This episode has significant connection to The Green Ring Conspiracy (Saga).
- Penny references the scene in #720: “Happy Hunting” when she had an allergic reaction to salmon and Wooton said, "Where did her eyes go? Find her eyes!"
- The apparent resemblance between Eugene and Rudolph and the resulting confusion is similar to the way Whit was suspected of crimes in the video episode “Shadow of a Doubt”.
- Wooton, Connie, Penny, and Jason play Wooton's own variation of Clue.
QuotesConnie Kendall: But think of your plan, Penny. What are the chances of bumping into Jason?
Jason Whittaker: Oh, excuse me--
Connie Kendall: JASON?!
Jason Whittaker: CONNIE?!
Jason Whittaker: I think I just had an idea.
John Whittaker: No, that was my cell phone. I think I just got a text message.
Jason Whittaker: If either of you makes a move-
Sebastian Karazinsky: I'm not moving; are you moving, Rudolph?
Rudolph Karazinsky: Not without a pair of crutches.
Penny Wise: Maybe he'll be here when we get back.
Connie Kendall: Maybe he will..........