Hide and Seek
An Imagination Station adventure showing the instances in the Bible where God searched for man.
It’s a rather slow day at Whit’s End as Connie Kendall plays hide and seek with Kevin and Sarah Prachett. Eugene Meltsner and Whit are creating an Imagination Station program to explore the idea of God's search for man. They leave the program unfinished, with a sign saying it is closed, but Kevin decides to hide in the Station anyway.
Suddenly he finds himself catapulted back in time to a desert where he meets Adam, an old man who claims that he played hide and seek with God. He explains to Kevin how he and his wife, Eve, were given everything they needed by God, but they disobeyed him and ate the fruit of a tree, so God banished them from the Garden of Eden.
The Imagination Station engages again and Kevin finds himself in Midian, with Moses at the burning bush. God tells Moses that he is to go to Pharaoh and lead the people of Israel out of Egypt, but Moses argues with God.
Kevin next finds himself in the palace of King David with Nathan, who tells the king a story about a rich man who steals the lamb of a poor man to serve to his guests. When David proclaims that the man should die for his deed, Nathan says that David is that man.
Kevin suddenly appears on the deck of a ship that had been carrying Jonah, who was running away from God. A huge storm had been raging and Jonah was thrown overboard to appease the anger of God, and now the waters are calm. The Imagination Stations propels Kevin onto the beach, where he meets Jonah, who is now looking for Nineveh, where God had originally commanded him to go.
At the Jordan River, Kevin encounters John the Baptist, who is baptizing Jesus. Then he is suddenly aboard a fishing boat, where he watches Simon and Andrew give up everything to follow Jesus. In quick succession, Kevin is in Pilate's courtyard, where Jesus is sentenced to be crucified, then at the garden tomb, where Mary tells him that Jesus has risen from the dead, and finally on the road to Damascus, where Saul encounters Jesus.
Whit eventually stops the Imagination Station and Kevin describes all the people he saw who were hiding from God and wonders if God is looking for him, as well. Whit offers to talk to him about it in his office.
- How does God look for us?
- Kevin wondered if God was looking for him. Do you think God is looking for you?
- This episode was about God's search for man, but Connie said that man often searches for God. Can think of any Bible stories where man was looking for God?
- While viewing Moses and the bush, Kevin says "Hey, this is better than the movie" The movie he means is most likely The Ten Commandments.
- This is the last episode to air on the radio for which Dave Arnold was the sound designer.
- Kevin's conversion in this episode was one of many that has happened in Adventures in Odyssey over the years. For a complete list of everyone who has been saved on the show, see this List of Conversions.