Hidden In My Heart
KYDS Radio launches a hilarious program that involves parodies of Star Trek, Rescue 9-1-1, and Lassie!
Kids Radio is on the air, and Connie introduces a new show called “Rescue 1-1-9.” William Shattered narrates this program of “true-to-life” spiritual emergencies, showing how the folks at Rescue 1-1-9 resolve those crises.David Hornsby who is home alone one evening when there is a knock on his door. He answers it and finds two cult members standing there. Immediately, they launch into a powerful speech, trying to persuade David to join their organization. The cult members almost have him convinced, until they ask him to do something that goes against what God teaches in the Bible. The trouble is, David can’t remember where God says this in the Bible. That’s when he calls up Rescue 1-1-9. The Rescue 1-1-9 operator gives David the proper verse. David cites it to the cultists, and they leave feeling dejected and defeated — never to return.
The other major story, “Star Trip,” is a spoof on the TV series Star Trek. We join the crew of the Starship Aerobocise as they rescue the beautiful Princess of Tibia from the evil Ding-Dongs on the planet Ulna. The Ding-Dongs have only one weapon: deception. They can turn themselves into any kind of being — people, animals, snack cakes, anything. "The Ding-Dongs act like they’re somebody or something else, then use temptation and deception to lure people to do the wrong things. Once those people become vulnerable, they are destroyed." The Captain, Mr. Crock and an expendable crew member arm themselves with temptation detectors and Scripture phasers and head off in search of the princess. After a bit of trouble, they find and rescue her — showing why it’s important to memorize God’s Word.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Why was David so easily taken in by the cultists?
- Why is it important to memorize Scripture?
- What are the benefits of Scripture memorization?
- What would you say to someone who challenged your faith?
- Connie is the only normal character that appears in this episode.
- This episode also has parodies of Lassie (here called Laffy the Wonder Dog), Rescue 911 and it's host (here called Rescue 119), and Star Trek (with Crock as Spock and William Shattered as William Shatner)
- The fake Scripture Phaser gives the false scripture reference: "Jedediah Jones 4:6; Those who grab jackets must surely die." The name Jedediah Jones seems to be a spoof of Indiana Jones.
- Main article: List of Indiana Jones references
QuotesWilliam Shattered: Space. One of the last places to be explored. These are the voyages of the Starship Aerobocise. On a five-year mission: To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life with new spin-off series. To saturate the market with action figures and plastic pointy ears!
Announcer: It's "Star Trip". Starring William Shattered.