Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #773 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written by Marshal Younger, and was originally released on September 1, 2015.“Hidden Gems,” an
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
|Olivia Parker||Kelly Stables|
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|Simon the Sorcerer||Unknown|
|King Josiah||Jadon Sand|
|King Josiah||Chad Reisser|
|King's Servant||Lenny Citrano|
- If Whit were to offer you a challenge like the one he offered Olivia, would you accept? What part of the Bible would you like to witness first hand, and why?
- Olivia was convinced that she knew the entire Bible. Where would you rate your own Bible smarts on a scale of 1 to 10? What would it take to move a notch or two higher? Are you willing to do it?
- People flocked to see Simon the sorcerer. Where do you think his power came from? What were his motives for seeking out Peter and Philip? Consider how someone might misuse their talents today.
- If you could meet someone from the Bible, who would you choose? Why? What questions would you ask that person?
- Did you know there was a talking donkey in the Bible? What would you do if your dog or cat started chatting with you? What do you think your pet would say?
- Together, read Numbers 22:1-7. Why did Balak send Balaam in the first place? What was wrong with Balak's request?
- Imagine being crowned king at the age of 8 as Josiah was. What would be the best part of being a young king? What do you think would be the hardest part?
- Josiah helped turn a nation back to God. How does God use kids to accomplish great things today? (He does, you know!) What gifts has the Lord given you to use for Him?
- Josiah had to resist people who were telling him to rule in a way that displeased God. When have you felt pressure to do something you sensed was wrong? How did you handle that situation?
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».
- This episode became the first Adventures in Odyssey Club episode broadcast over the air as part of a special Focus on the Family episode airing on November 21, 2017.