The Bones of Rath are behind the vandalism and Butch is used as a spy to give information to Jack's 'good' gang: 'The Israelites'. But when Butch is caught and beaten up by the Bones' new leader Jellyfish, Jack disbands the group.
Lucy and Connie have been nabbed by a group called “the Israelites.” It’s a “good” gang that Whit used to run around town. Jack has brought the group back to take action against the Bones’s crime wave. Their leader is Billy MacPherson, a member of the original Israelites. Jack has also recruited Sam Johnson, which explains why he has been acting so strange lately. And Sam has made Butch their informant. This enables the Israelites to find out the Bones’s next rotten plan: vandalizing the war memorial in McAlister Park. That night, just as the Bones are about to commit their crime, the Israelites appear, causing the Bones to scatter. To make matters worse for the Bones, a local news reporter happens to see the whole thing and writes it up for morning edition of the Odyssey Times. The "higher up" man is furious. Rodney will have to be replaced.
Because Rodney has proven inept, a new leader is sent to lead the Bones in their vandalism. His name is Jellyfish and he suspects that there is a traitor in their midst. Jellyfish gives the gang their next line of attack: Part of the Bones will meet at the movies and create a diversion while the rest of them will attack Whit’s End again. Butch tells Sam about the plan. Unfortunately for Butch, Jellyfish changes plans at the last moment and decides to attack the Harlequin Theatre instead. When Butch tries to warn Sam and the Israelites, Jellyfish catches him and the Bones beat him up - badly. When Jack learns about this, he is horrified. He never meant for things to get this out of hand. As a result, he disbands the Israelites. The Bones of Rath appear to have won.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Do you think it was a good idea to create a good gang in order to battle an evil one? Why or why not?
- Why did Bart keep hammering away at Tom Riley’s lack of leadership?
- What would you have done if you were in Butch’s place?
- The movie the Bones are watching in this episode is a spoof of the Rocky film series.
- Odyssey seems to be having a lot of thunder storms around this time...
- Charles Thompson, Courtney Vincent and Erica Clark are listed in this episode by Billy as members in The Israelites during this time. None of these three characters are ever heard participating in any Israelite-related action, however.
QuotesJellyfish: One: I don't like bein' questioned and two: Nobody questions me, ya got it?!
Rodney Rathbone: Whoever is vandalizin' our vandalism is gonna get a severe pounding when I catch 'em.
Jellyfish: Rodney and me were just taking a stroll through the woods. What were you doin'?
Butch: You know, strollin'. Just like you!
Jellyfish: Just like me, eh, Butchy? I think you have some explaining to do. And if I were you, I'd tell us everything.
Butch: You don't understand something, Sam. These guys are serious. You're not just doing good deeds around the city anymore. You're in a war.
Billy McPherson: The Israelites are finished. The Bones of Rath have won.